Idea for summons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBulwark, Jul 26, 2014.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I have a great idea for fixing summons. Since summons are the same as champs but cant contest fonts, lets give summon abilities a nora cost equal to half the normal champions nora cost. Post here if you like this idea, not sure how to make a survey on it.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

No.

Sunutsu likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You could make a poll.

But i thought everyone here was smart enough to realize that we don't want them to drop nora globes or see them sacrificed, retted, etc

4. TheBulwark

They wouldnt drop globes, the ability itself would cost nora

5. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

I think he means for example that pet abilities would cost half the nora of the champ they summoned. So if Anaru summons a lerper, that pet ability would cost half of the lerpers cost. Completely against it, just thought I would clarify.

6. TheBulwark

Pets are different, im talking about summons that are the result of summon abilities. It would balance out the avg 3-4 free champs a well played summon unit gets over the course of the game. If you have to spend nora for champs it doesnt make any sense that someone is getting multiple free champs for the price of one champ. Summons would still be more efficient the regular units if the abilities have a nominal nora cost attached.

7. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

If your champ pumps out 3-4 of its summons. Chances are it's not doing much else, so you're already paying the entire units nora cost for those summons.

8. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

While I dont agree wholly it would be nice to see summon abilities require nora to use, just to add a bit of a tempo hit on free meat.
    The cost would have to depend on the summon of course.

9. TheBulwark

Em.... none of the summon champs are expensive so lets consider trees as a point. Elven tree caller is 75 nora, gives boost and can attack for solid damage as well as summoning. So a normal non-summoned sapling is 32 nora, so for example 50% of that is 16 nora. If tree caller gets off 3 summons which it will unless you are terrible. that would be 48 nora+75 for the boosting/summoning/damaging unit. So four champs effectively 123 nora. Thats more than reasonable.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh, so you want it it cost nora to summon them. I'll change my answer then, I'm 100% on-board with that.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- not this idea , but a mercenary like mechanic on some would make sense. Basically a tax as they go on living

12. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

With a mercenary like ability how much nora per turn should a 5 dmg, 3 spd, 4 hp skeleton with unstable cost per turn. 1? Should the ones with 9 hp cost 2? If I need a swarm of skeletons to make the theme work, do I end up paying 20+ nora a turn for my fodder which already costs 10 nora a piece, 2 shrine hp, or burns a turn on a Tomb Lord?

I think this is too blanket an idea.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- yeah "some" not all..but clearly just tossing out an alternative to paying 15ish Nora for that same lil skelly as op might suggest

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What about introducing the concept of upkeep into the game? Along with nora economy there could be a potential for extra nora tax if the player exceeded a set population for his army. It would cause players to think more strategically about deployment instead of just spamming the map with a bunch of stupid cheap meat and causing both players to lag out.

KingJad likes this.
  15. TheBulwark

mercenary is kind of like upkeep i guess

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Mercenary is a negative ability for lowering nora cost. I am talking about changing the entire game. If you want to clog the map with a bunch of crap it should cost you extra nora after you have put out x amount of champs. Sure a few summons is not bad, but when you have to deal with ****** 30 saplings boosted up the ass it's not even funny. Also goes for tads, furbulls, propagating abilities etc. Summons is a serious problem and needs to be pimpslapped.

17. TheBulwark

agreed

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The question to ask now is "How many champions+summons on the field of battle warrants an upkeep tax of nora?"

19. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

So I ask again, how much should a 4-9 hp skeleton cost me? They already get blown up by AoE, and swarm champs make them a liability. How much am I paying for surge fodder that already takes time to generate and leaves me open to being rushed.

I get that everyone is super butthurt about trees right now, but I think this is a dumb idea. How about fixing the problem themes and summons instead of hitting the entire concept with a blunt hammer and calling it a day?

20. TheBulwark

The problem is its not just trees. I dont think there even is a basic skelleton. But if it can attack, move and interact with other champs it should have a nora cost