Ideas to break through the cycle of inactiveness in ranked.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

If guilds had a competitive aspect towards them where your guild as a whole has to work towards a goal or objective to earn X reward I would probably feel enticed to play pox more. Guilds have always been a huge reason to why I played pox and it saddens me how they have such a little role in the game (Guild rankings aren't even turned on....).

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

This would work as well and I think it should be part of a DoW overhaul (hopefully including the world map). however getting pounded on really isn't much fun even if youre being rewarded for it. there should still be a place where newbies can pvp each other with their own decks.

the easiest solution to me it seems is to create another ranked lobby. don't call it the newbie zone or anything denigrating like that. instead gear it so that the newer players will be more on an even footing with the vets with regards to deck construction. that means limiting rarity. I don't care about rarity = power arguments. its more palatable to be beaten by a better player when his deck isn't loaded with leg/lims.

you cant just incentivize ranked play, you also have to remove the barriers to play. not wanting to be pounded on by more expensive decks is a real barrier (justified or not).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  3. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

I think everyone should actually que instead just sitting in rank lobby trolling.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Reasons I would rather chat than que
    1. Rapid attacks is stupid. This serves no purpose on my Death Lily, Salaman Commando, Swamptooth rider.
    2. Hunter equipped is undercosted has become a win con for anyone who has gotten smart and figured it out.
    3. Dwarves have been so massively buffed it's stupid to watch them stack stats and auto win unless vs Tinydragon moga.
    4. The ST font bonus is capable of winning games by itself. Yes losing 2 AP is Firking ridiculous every time u have to step on an annexed font square.
    5. Elven Ancestor and the ST spellset
    6. Adaptive's potential with 20-30 nora spells.
    7. March of the skeezick is cray cray and now because of skeezick racial enables hilarious swarm comebacks.
    8. Hand of God's solitary garu SP/KF split with 2x Ritual of binding.
    9. Every time I turn around something else cool in FS gets over nerfed(Salaman Rook) and simultaneously something in IS sets a new level in cheap efficiency(Terraformer).
    10. Every time I think about Gedden's revamp I rage into a catatonic state and stare at the ranked lobby screen.
    11. Looking at what they did to alot of the FW Legendaries brings tears to my eyes.
    12. Stitched construct ability creating real champions is still okay after all the toning down of SOE power crap....
    13. Stealth nerf makes sneak useless.
    14. Paralysis upgrade on Firk Psy Sentry. WTF? WHY?
    15. Incorporeal
    [​IMG]

DIE

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Preach, bro. Agreed 100%, but would like to highlight this:

6. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

glad to see you agree

7. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Give me two runes if I win a rank match and if I lose one rune. Obviously the tokens stay.

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

What about a "kickstarter" type unlock system.

you could have a new "unlock every week/month.

People who have purchased a box get a random chance of receiving rune - like a token which can be 1% unlock, 5% leg, 10% exotic etc...

People purchasing new box get the same.