Idiotic devs and their choices

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Theoutcast, Aug 2, 2016.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

now that @Pedeguerra is acting like a normal human, outcast is here to pick up the slack and rage/insult the developers and community

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I lol'd

3. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Hey, @Pedeguerra .... I was going to say just do this for this thread, but perhaps you making your own thread would be better. You were aparently pretty bad when you were on the dark side of the force using black magoi and becoming a soulreapers worst enemy.... why don't you tell everyone what it was like from your point of view, how you got out of that state, how yoū got in, etcetera? IK you probably already did a lot of that in your apology thread, bt I doubt it was done with the intention of teaching others how *not* to be like that.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, I don't really know what to say besides what I have already in that thread...
    What I can say, though, is that I felt really bad with the whole process, specially the part where I went from a liked and respected member (I started the whole "1:1 trades for the expansion" in the Rune Trade section, for example, just to help new guys) to a guy people didnt really want to engange with, and Im guessing even hated by some members.
    All in all, behaving poorly here didnt bring me anything positive, on the opposite, and I feel reliefed that Im changing my behavior here.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Dont stop keeping me on my toes. I need a devils advocate to hold my bias in check.

Pedeguerra and SPiEkY like this.
  6. DrakeArron

Hmm, okay. Thanks for the input!

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah, it's just one person, and I think this expansion was generally well received by UD players because it has fun and interesting runes.

But I also think there is some validity to his raging, since if you are a meta player who enjoys the competitive game you will want new tools to play with at expansion time.

This isn't to say that our new stuff couldn't be that - it could be with a bit of exploration. But some people like power runes, and there isn't anything wrong with that.

I might be sounding worryingly like CorpsE (previous dev known for power creep) but I think the expansion was actually more interesting because it had some OP stuff in it. It shakes things up, gives new challenges, and gets people running new runes.

8. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

In This Thread: players endorse power creep

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Not quite. Power creep is unsustainable, as pox found out in its previous life.

The other option is to increase the relative strength of new runes by removing old ones. Goblin bomb would look a lot better if sac and retri got retired.

10. DrakeArron

Either that, or we a: nerf old runes, just a little, or b: start making new runes the same strength as the old ones are.
    You seem to be fixed on the extreme black and white- get rid of old runes or buff the new ones to all hell. I don't think either of those are good choices, we should at least attempt a middleground first.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Hey now, please don't provide crazy ideas to the dev's...

I can't find any use whatsoever for Goblin Bomb. But I do like my sac and retri.

12. DrakeArron

Well, the only thing goblin bomb needs to make it viable, IMO, would be a good source of disposable goblins. As an example, I found burnout was pretty usefull in a KF/UD split once I started using it on saplings. (admittably thats a split faction, but you get the idea). So, have say, a "goblin recruiter" or something that spawns cheap gobos and you have a use for it.
    Because in a gobo deck, thats a 5 area aoe doing 10 damage- only to enemies, for 20 nora. I'm pretty much a total noob, but there aren't any spells that can do all that for that cheap are there? At least not in UD.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

what about gob rockpack?

14. DrakeArron

I was actually thinking thats why they released both runes in the same expansion :p. Personally I think it would work better though if the spawning was able to be done over and over, like the kithir greenhouse. Not sire why exactly, perhaps so that you could more easily use them as sacrifices for other stuff to?

15. DrakeArron

I think the problem, at least with Goblin bomb, is that you guys are focusing entirely on the "this thing sacs champs". You need to think of it more as a highly valuable aoe damage spell with a minor drawback (assuming your not sacrificing your goblin king that is).
    Also, it IS called a "goblin" bomb. From what I understand you guys are trying to fit it into everything- it should, normally, only be used with goblins. Or decks that have a suitable amount of them.

16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

so, if you play gob rockpack for 77 nora

you get a seism proc, let's say it destroys a 20 nora relic.
    you sacrifice the main gob for (77 * .85) 35 nora refund
    then you still have 2x 30 hp goblin bombs walking around, all for only 42 nora (or if you net out the destroyed relic, only 22 nora)

DrakeArron likes this.
  17. DrakeArron

So, in conclusion, Goblin bomb wouldn't look better at all if retri got retired. Because they have pretty much completely different roles- retribution's goal is usually to sac a champ that needs it, and then heavily hurt a single champ. Goblin Bombs goal is, as demonstrated so well by @newsbuff 's calculation, pretty much entirely to do heavy aoe damage for cheap- but normally only in a deck with goblins.

They're completely unrelated runes. They just both happen to have sacing a champ as part of their rules.

18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

well, my example used sacrifice - you could just as easily retri the main gob pack guy ( the real one) and then bomb the other two, while still remaining highly efficient.

77 nora gob pack + 45 nora retri + 20 nora gob bomb = 142 nora
    seism proc
    39 dmg (single target)
    10 DMG AOE 5
    1x 30 hp goblin leftover

and that's all assuming you don't get ANY attacks or absord any dmg with any of the pack.

very nice sac/retri/gob bomb fodder

DrakeArron likes this.
  19. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Agreed. The rock gang are the perfect target for the goblin Bomb, but I still don't run one in either of my gobbo decks. I will give it another try to make sure.

The sac argument was to do with what I'd rather achieve with a sac. Extra Nora or single target damage are often better than general aoe. In today's one turn killing that is.

That said, the rock gang summoned guys have no Nora cost so sac and retri are out.

I'll give it another go.

20. DrakeArron

IDK if I'll be clear with this, but this is *sort of* why I don't think the gang is the perfect target. With this its kind of like a two card combo, which genneraly don't do too well. I think once we have far more cheap gobos out there it might be run more. Essentially this is one of those combos that needs multiple expansions to come into its own, imo. (What would REALLY make this combo good is if we had gobos who liked to be killed off to give you benefits. But I feel like its too much of a stretch to say we'll get that).