If it's possible to have 4 abilities on upgrade paths...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokkushun, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Then why are we stuck with so many "3 rank" upgrade paths.

Look at yeti spirit, he has 4 ranks of death nova to choose from, which proves you can have more than 3 upgrades on a rune. So why do so many runes still suffer from the rank lock path? Why can't they have the 3 ranks and then a 4th ability to choose from? I'm looking at SL especially with all the regen upgrades generally bogging down most runes that might be better off without regen at all, but have no real "key" abilitys that define their role well.

For example Acid dragoleech.
    With only 36 HP regen doesn't help him all that much, but with the -option- to have amplify acid for the same cost as regen 1 he turns into a helpful support rune for the currently abysmal acid theme within SL as well as being thematic on the rune itself. In the case people actually -want- the regen option it would still be there too.

So, let's discuss which runes if any would benefit from such a change. I personally would be rooting for sporegill to get something to replace damage shield.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I think yeti spirit is an oversight just give it death nova 2-4
    we cant give 4 choices because it will be confusing and unessarily complex they will most likely br a lot of glitches

3. Rokkushun

I fail to see how a fourth choice on rank only upgrades complicates anything. Rank abilities just change the numbers of a single mechanic. Effectively they just have a single ability where other runes have 3 completely versatile choices.

4. chickenpox2

yes but your asking for an additional upgrade on the paths
if you add amplify acid on a regen path like you said this will make dragonleech more flavourful this will make it stronger and it would mean all champions to have 4 upgrades on a path
    Utiliry another issue having useful abilities on one champion is not what they want blance us to spread abilities so one doesn't get picked over another
    The whole reason why DOG did the revamp is so that they can balance

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Tundra whisper too. 4 options in both up-grade paths. Then Chronomancer only has 2 choices for both paths.

6. IR0NHAMMER

IR0NHAMMER The King of Potatoes

3 paths of leap on most frogs is annoyingly bland too

7. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Regeneration as well.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

My hope is that once the expansion rolls through Sokoden will be able to focus on revamping spells/relics/equipment and fixing bugs and what not.

My guess is the leap/rend/regen/*insert blandness* is due to them not having enough time to properly think Bane Shift out.

Goyo likes this.
  9. Rokkushun

Doubtful. Nothing will ever come of any threads.
    Some of the old ones where totally reasonable changes were typed out and fully fleshed out with dozens of "likes" were simply ignored, I doubt anything will ever change..

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It will bro, trust uncle Loosh and have some more faith. Sometimes the turtle patches beat the rabbit fixes, or so I heard.

11. chickenpox2

turtle patches so 1 year more till the game get fixed i can assure you alot of people you see now will have quit by then

12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

If that's what is going to happen, what good will come from complaining? "The game is bad, nothing is being fixed, let's **tch around in forums because although are not being constructive we can push the greens into working harder." No, it does not help, just disturbs the greens from doing their job(it's a fact, I know many people have seen how a green under pressure can screw the game up).

I obviously know that we are the customers and normally this isn't an acceptable situation, but it is what we have for Poxnora right now, for many reasons stated along the months. This is very important: it has to be this way or simply there will be no firking way and Pox dies.

It doesn't mean people shouldn't point out what's wrong, but complaining as if you're waiting for your mom to get you a glass of milk DOES NOT HELP.

So yea, you have 2 choices: wait or leave.