If summon swarm is to remain at 60 Nora, ant needs to lose swarm base

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Tangentially, once upon a time, people were telling us that boxed sales + expansions + subscription wouldn't last no matter what game it was: "Who would pay for a game so they can pay a monthly fee just to play it?!"

And then came EverQuest and World of Warcraft and blew the lid right off that one.

2. Sokolov

Wow, total de-rail of this thread :D

But yea, Summon Ant is slated for a nora increase.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe blind repeat is completely viable in Pox. What I think is not viable is blind repeat with such a large pool to pull from. There are currently 186 Exotic runes in the extended set. With a 10% chance per pack of getting an exotic, and assuming no repeats (which we know isn't the case), it would take an average of 1860 packs to get all of the exotics in the extended set. There are also 152 Legendary runes in the extended set. With a 5% chance and no repeats, that is 3040 packs to collect all of them. That's just to get one of each.

Ifem21 and Anima26 like this.
  4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Thats the reason to make me say: make more packs/boxes with less expansions each. Why we have Core, with 6 expansions and Extended with the others? (Aside from the current, ofc). That makes no sense at all, this kind of Blind Repeat doesn't work, sry. Reducing the number of expansions per pack would incentive people to pay for them, cause they will have more chance of winning the desired Rune. This is the business model in Héroes of the Storm. You can buy with in game gold, but a lot of people buy with real cash, cause they are incentivate to do so. This is what lacks in pox, the main thing that makes new players run from the game, Rune acessibilty (even you guys making a great work for this, is not enougth).

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

@Senshu

Can we get a warning at the very least. You cant post stuff like this on forums

6. Sokolov

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, interesting read Sok, thanks for the time to reply. I really don't have much to say on the blind repeat model working on Pox or not, but I do have faith that if there is someone capable of saving this game, it is you.

8. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

I believe that the main question here is how much you have to repeat in those blind attempts to reach your desired goal. This is what I see that would impact accessibility. In this sense, I have an opinion that taking the trade part, which is currently lacking, out, raise shards per rune and establish a cap of shard usage per week would be better overall to make the game more accessible, while maintaining blind repeat more as a time option.

9. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Thanks for the heads up, yes that in no way is appropriate and we have dealt with this issue. As a note you can also use the report option too.

TheBulwark likes this.