I'm confused

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by xBabylon, Oct 19, 2016.

1. xBabylon

xBabylon New Member

Hello, I'm a new player. I found this game in the depths of steam a few hours ago, and Im really enjoying it, especially since my godawful laptop can run it effortlessly. However, I have a few questions.

I took a look at keybindings... are they supposed to say things like "ui.key.focuschat.whois.desc - Ctrl+W"? I would really want to know what the "move champion" hotkey is, and I have no idea what any of that means. I assume I failed the one button installation, somehow?

What should I try to spend my money on first, getting an avatar or packs? I was looking around on previous help posts, and someone recommended only buying the extended set packs. What difference does the avatar make when its in stone form? And should I only try crafting commons to spare money or go for higher rarities?

Someone also recommended doing the daily quests, 2 of which required me to play multiplayer. I got a little disheartened when I searched for a "quick match" and sat in matchmaking for 20 minutes before giving up. Is this always the case, or was it just a bad time of day?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    SireofSuns likes this.
  2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Wow, no else has replied to this. That makes me sad.
    Well, if your questions haven't been answered yet, I shall try.

To understand a lot those, you really have to test them out (its the fastest way).
    Currently in the PC version there is no quick key to move a champion.

Packs. Avatar is really only something to get after you have lots of gold/money lying around and you know what faction/factions you want to settle into for a while.
    Extended Set packs have a much wider variety of things you can get, AND, the runes you can earn by playing Skirmish and Dailies are NOT Extended set. So, in theory, you will get plenty of Core runes by just playing, and the fastest way to get Extended runes is by getting the packs (I always save for the Extended Box, as the chances of getting good stuff is better).

Stone form nets you a lot more Nora per turn, it's not quite double, but its close (Avatar form is only like 25 Nora per turn from the avatar, while Stone form gives you closer to 45 or something).

Personally I save for higher rarities, but it really depends on what battle group/s you want to build. Shard whatever you have that you don't want or don't intend to use, always check the open trades to see if you can trade.
    (in regards to trading: You WILL be trading down if you didn't open the trade. Most people that aren't looking for someone specific to trade with aren't that generous. If you DO trade down, only trade for something on rarity lower than what you are willing to give, this way you minimize the hurt on yourself. Trading in this way is good for getting specific things without having to shard too much, its more cost effective essentially. But don't rely on it.)

I rarely do the muliplayer ones myself. The Practice match daily is rarely complete-able without specifically asking someone in the chat to do one with you. The Win a PVP match can be hard if you're starting out (and by that I mean for the first twenty PVP matches or so), but is more doable.
    The waiting queue is slightly dependent on time, but a lot of people don't play currently, the game was brought back to life a couple years ago, and just walked out of rehab. So its growing.

I invite you to stick around and tell people about the game that you think would enjoy it! The community can be testy at times, but the majority of really do love the game are very willing to help new players get into it!

pandakiller likes this.
  3. pandakiller

pandakiller New Member

thanks, i had alot of these questions myself, just installed today :) even tho this question wasnt directed towards me ty haha :)

SireofSuns likes this.
  4. xBabylon

xBabylon New Member

Alright, thanks a lot, this answered everything very well :D

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

First off, welcome to Pox Nora. A game you will grow to love to hate! =) I have been playing since '09 and will try to help clarify some of your questions.

Keybindings: Not sure what this even is, I have never used keybindings in this game, just point and click. So I am of no use here.

Spending $: Every single veteran in this game will always tell you to buy the NEWEST expansion packs/boxes, which currently is Planar Disturbances. The newest runes always have the highest values so that even if you don't get exactly what you want you can go trade them for the things you do want. Use PoxBox to trade with. Don't spend $ on extended packs/boxes or avatars because all of those can be bought with gold.

Dailies: The easiest/fastest way to get a decent amount of gold. And, yes, for training matches you will have to ask in chat for someone to play a round with you. Fortunately, if you win that match you get credit for BOTH dailies (win pvp and play a training match).

Unfortunately, Pox does have a small player base atm. However, it is fixing to basically have its second major overhaul since its inception by being given a new UI, going cross platform with PS4, and a HUGE balance sweep across the factions. So, hang tight. Hopefully you will be encouraged along with the rest of us very soon.

SireofSuns likes this.
  6. Resonance9

Resonance9 The King of Potatoes

Private games please? If it's already available that's awesome. But I haven't found the option yet. I got a friend to join (hopefully one or two more will join as well), but we're having problems finding an option to just 1v1. We're both vibrantly green, literally just started around Sunday (for me) and my friend only just started today.

If it's entirely randomized PvP, the game might find players leaving again (not me, already addicted). Other people hoping to play just with friends might find this lack of 1v1 disheartening though

7. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Nah, you guys are good. Just go to Battlegorunds tab then hit create game. Your friend will be able to click the green "join" button beside your name to play you 1v1.
    Cheers

P.S. If another player besides your friend joins the match just tell them in chat you are awaiting someone specific or simply cancel the game and remake another.

SireofSuns likes this.