im not paying 88 nora for dirge

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SaintKiwi, Sep 11, 2014.

1. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Define how SP heroes all have Attack: Physical at melee and semi melee? I feel they're way more UD than UD heroes. If it wasnt for racial, Hurl Boulder and Throw Axe would really do great with that +4DMG bonus..

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Would you like some Attack: Acid?

3. RedScarlet

Magic or Electricity or LoL :)

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think heroes should get a discount of at least 5 nora.

5. RedScarlet

agreed, 0 nora disc for heroes is kinda saying "everyone shud play splits"

6. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I don't know. I think there's pluses and minuses to each side. I like that they make FF decks more viable, but I don't like that they become near auto-includes because of this.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

SP heroes are hard to cost because of SP refund.

8. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

No. The faction bonus shouldn't be equated into the champ itself.
    If so I do believe KF is getting the best deal on their heroes. Speed is the most expensive stat.

RedScarlet likes this.
  9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's probably why their heroes cost around 100 nora.

10. RedScarlet

Bliss the Muse (regen1+hawk1) 76 nora with 4-6

Fiorn (charge1+block2) 82 nora

Mena is 100 nora only if u take healmass3.

.... Well anyways faction bonuses shouldnt be taken into account when pricing something.... I'd gladly trade Dirge with a 4-7 magic dmg hero despite 94 nora (regen + magic nova)

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Oh I forgot the prices are messed up ops. But yeah, I'll trade Bastion for Mena too.

And faction bonuses should be taken into account when pricing something.

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Re Heroes, the problem with the -15 discount is (A) that's it's probably a bit too large and (B) it ends up reducing deck diversity because the heroes are such a great deal that almost every meta group will include them. One solution is to reduce the -15 to something smaller (-10 or -5) while also removing surplus abilities on heroes (lift/bulwark on sceian, heal/aura/nova abilities on menalaus, regen abilities/empathy on bliss, etc.). That will focus each hero a bit more while still keeping them playable. If the pricing is still off, we can then adjust further from there.

A solution to (B) would be to limit the # of heroes per BG to 2 or 3, and then just release a bunch more heroes to give more options long term.

Re accounting for the FF bonus--if you're going to take them into account, we might as well just eliminate the FF bonuses all together. It will make designing champions simpler. However, my understanding is that FF bonus is not accounted for in the current pricing algorithm, so when people say "Oh, FF SP bonus will make it better," that's not really a valid argument imo.

RedScarlet likes this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Too lazy to check, but I think FS is the only faction with more than 3 heroes.

14. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

KF too.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Firking Ctharia and Grimthir

SaintKiwi likes this.
  16. Vorian

We need our alive ruubgaal! Or at least eehist.

17. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I think the Hyaenids and Slags deserve their heroes first...although I don't know what a slag hero would be...a james cameron alien?

18. Vorian

A slag hero would be hilarious!

19. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I suggested a Hero rune some months before the revamp called "The Hermit."
    He was similar as Kiergana that his upgrade choices was for 2 different themes, except he could upgrade to either be playing in Slags or in Feshes.

20. Vorian

What a slag fesh mutant sounds awesome.