im not paying 88 nora for dirge

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SaintKiwi, Sep 11, 2014.

1. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Can't be a mutant since we aren't the mutant race. Maybe his race would be Demi-God? I am thinking of having him either having abandoned his real race or being the only one left from an ancient race.
    Since he is a hermit, he wouldn't have contact with talking creatures, only beings like beasts, slags and feshes.

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Put the rune idea up. I would like to see it.

soulmilk likes this.
  3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think mutant is appropriate, depending on his art and lore.

4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

If you wont pay 88 nora for dirge.

Can we put surge and battlemaster onto minotaur sentry?

Cause you know, Thematic heroes are thematic for a reason..

6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Can we get a discount to 68 nora for dirge?

7. SaintKiwi

I will post a suggestion for him when I get off work on the rune ideas section.

8. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Earlier, someone mentioned that heroes should have defined roles. I agree with that idea generally and that the roles should be loosely based on their race/theme, but it shouldn't be accomplished by forcing a champion to pay for rather pricey base abilities that can only be used in one racial group (i.e. surge moga, overseer), which means that the champion is overcosted in other bgs. Battlemaster is a good example of an appropriate ability for Dirge. Moga are a #'s deck, and battlemaster works better in numbers, so it helps a Moga group a bit more than non-moga groups, but it is still useful in non-moga groups. Other ideas might include abilities that summon a moga, sustain: dirge's guard, a weaker version of peaks tactics (i.e. range 1-2), and adding larger-area-than-shroud effect that gives evasive 1 to the evasive upgrade path. I don't have a specific proposal in mind, but it will be important to avoid putting racial/theme specific abilities on base once the -15 nora gets scaled back. Otherwise, heroes will be too expensive to play in anything but a very specific bg.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    RedScarlet and soulmilk like this.
  9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

What about Klzik losing propagate? That way he can only surge by being in a spider deck. Ofc she's thematic. Same as Dirge in a FF meta group.

If you say no, then what about Dirge....who also has Surge, gets Propagate: Moga to make him self efficient?

As of now, I'd rather reconstruct him into:

Upgrade1: Surge1, Surge2, Throw Axe
    Upgrade2: Overseer Moga 1, Overseer Moga 2, Overseer Moga 3

Base:
    Attack Phy
    Battlemaster 3
    Evasive 3
    Hero (-5 Nora)

Ofc if u want to make Minotaur Sentry gets Surge + Battlemaster, you gotta 1) make dirge 68 nora, 2) make him deploy a relic that teleports Mogas/Gherns. Oh, and maybe make him lose Hero while you're at it so they're similar.

Keep in mind that Surge and Overseer sandbags Dirge when in a non Moga, while K'lzik (also a "thematic hero"), works by herself via Life Siphon + Propagate, while benefiting from Surge + Creep and Crawl. So yes, even though both are thematic, they are different.

10. SaintKiwi

11. Leadrz

Please do note, i suggested that on minotaur because many people were comparing the moga lord with him.

12. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I don't believe that dirge should be forced into overseer, but it's +1 nora for overseer 1 and so it's a VERY minor issue. My bigger issue is that it's not a very interesting tree (just like the aura 1/2/3 trees and the resist 1/2/3 trees that we see these days). I might consider making it something like: bm3, overseer 3, battle harden 2.

13. SaintKiwi

14 dmg with evasive rank3 and axe throw. Yes they are alike, but I feel that dirge should't be forced into a moga/ghern bg. It is nice to have our favorite champs playable without running those decks. All champs right now are able to be run without having to put them in their respective themes or with their races. I would like a change to Dirge when Hero becomes 0 nora as apposed to the -15 it is right now. RedScarlet's Suggestion was solid.

14. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd much rather Dirge not get changed at all. You don't need to be able to run all the heros in whatever meta deck you want.

Paper Skull and Leadrz like this.
  15. Leadrz

Also please do note. you'd be paying 88 nora less 12% if im correct. or 92% of total nora cost on deploy.

and i agree with spieky. thats why i commented in the first place.

I am sorry for being some an a**-hat.

But i think an 88 nora dirge. is still a good deploy.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's 7% on deploy, 5% on death I believe.

And IS and SP heroes are very common. You have Bastion and Lance, Talgar and Klub, and Dirge and Euan. It'd be better if each hero was designed to fit into its theme more.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Its better for Heroes to be rewarded to its respective theme, and to be made less efficient in meta. I also agree with this in a long term view.

Problem: it will take a long way for us to even go there...

1) owlz will be forced to make even more Heroes due to new Maljara racials. You even have Worms now. More heroes. If not, racials will be stuck to (Barbs, Mogas, Voils, Centaurs, etc).. And we're missing Grintmaws, Snaptooths, Constructs, Spirit, Imps, Hyaenids/Djinns, Vampires, etc. A long way to go.

2) The number of Racial heroes are imbalanced: Paladins will have access to 2 heroes. Boghoppers will have access to 2 heroes. Lonxes + beast will have access to 2 heroes. Dragons = SL Heroes. Demons = UD Heroes.

As of now, there is no need to sandbag them with racial abilities on base.

What they need now imo are the options to be strong based on a racial ability in both upgrade paths.

If they wanted to play the heroes in FF, then the Heroes themselves should be less rewarding than in meta. Even then, this is still quite hard to adjust imo due to Surge, Bulwark, and other Racial ability costing.

I would rather not play all 3 heroes in any FF I want, but its sure an instant loss when I'm facing 3 IS Heroes or 3 KF Heroes. So if a racial based hero is applied to each hero... A maximum of 1 hero slot per BG is needed.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Paladin is an easy fix. Remove Paladin off Talgar and rearrange his abilities OR change his equip to make him fit into a dwarf/drunken theme, imo.

RedScarlet likes this.
  19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Thats cool and all, but you would be wrong. I dont know where to go from here

20. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Your math skills are hilariously bad