I'm playing No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kampel, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

TBH, I am skeptical that the tech actually does what they claim it does, but if it does do what they say, then yea, it's pretty impressive generating all those planets and fauna procedurally, etc.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

The fauna appears to be more or less Spore being played by a bad algorithm ...

I mean, I'm not really deep enough into the tech, but if you procedurally generate something that looks pretty crap (as the planets do for me) I'm not impressed.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The Flora is amazing tho

Been finding really cool jellyfishs, all the earth and air creatures are lifeless puppets

4. Sokolov

It does spit out some dumb stuff that every one memes, but in general from what I've seen it all seems pretty legit.

5. Kampel

It's been a month, do not buy this game. They made a huge galaxy and filled it with nothing special and nothing to do.

6. Sokolov

That was quick.

7. Kampel

I gave it a chance and stayed optimistic as long as i could but then.. then i reached the center of the galaxy.. how can anyone recommend this game after that insult.
    This game would need a crazy motherFirker to make an "enderal"-size mod to fix everything. There is no way the devs can fix this.

I'm furious.

8. Kampel

All the reviews were right..

9. Sokolov

But you did get quite a bit of entertainment hours out of it, it seems?

10. Kampel

50+ hours from which i guess i enjoyed the first 10 hours, the rest was 5 secs of awe for every 5 hours of exploring/grinding.
    The only thing that kept me going was the hope of finding that which noone else did.. so wrong..

Once you get rid of the optimistic view of the game you understand that the whole game after the first 5 hours is about making all the annoying things you HAVE TO do a bit less annoying (upgrading stuff and that). When you reach the point you cant upgrade anything else the fun dies and you just want to end it.

11. Kampel

I've been entering NMS's page and twitters and watching gaming news channels in youtube every day hoping for a patch/expansion/fix to this game and found this great review, best one i've encountered so far, so i will leave the video here, watch til the end.

Leadrz likes this.
  12. Sokolov

[​IMG]

once again proving that bad game + good marketing is better than good game + bad marketing

13. Kampel

A massive patch deployed a couple days ago, a ton of new stuff and many fixes and changes to annoying stuff, i havnt tried it yet but it seems the devs are pointing to the right direction. I'll keep u informed

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Leadrz likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

English has something against Y in the middle of a word.
    try- tried
    baby-babies.

I do not know why.

Kampel likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Refunded the game

it wasn't so bad, if it wasn't utterly repetitive

16. Kampel

2 big ass patches later and still not worth it.
    If they fix the Flora and fauna it might start to get good but I don't see that happening

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

For such a hugely hyped up game, it amazes me how it was complete and utter garbage.