I'm writing about video games (and other things)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kalasle, May 14, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Truth.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I found your review of rogue one unnecesarily scathing, your mischaracterization of Darth Vader bland and by your determination that the characters shoul die to preserve the grander narative you are just as culpable in their deaths and subsequent meaning to it.

all in all a good review.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I understand the joke that you are making here but that third clause is too nonsensical for the whole thing to really work. So 2/3 is pretty good, but you flubbed the landing.

Thanks. <3

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they are dead because your expectations demand it.
    you did this.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Been doing more writing, just put up a short bit on Shadow Warrior because you could get it for free a couple days ago. Also have some thoughts coming up on the best BioShock, which I just replayed.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Hoji was my bro.

But the river surge with my Lynx mom in Paws: A Shelter 2 game was way more sad
    I am still unsure which ending I prefer in that game...

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think it's Hoji?

Anyway, yeah, I was really harsh with its story, but I liked the game more than I think that review would indicate.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

wasn't done writing/editing.

Yeah Gameplay is enjoyable Story is decent, not too silly but not too serious. pretty classic "You're a ninja assasin, Demons invade." which I think really hits that sweet spot.

The joke is that the characters speak like they are 80's action movie/videogame heroes. don't overanalyse it.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Is bioshock enjoyable for those that don't really like shooters?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I liked Bioshock 1 when it came out. CBA to play the other cashgrabs they released. If you're gonna play a somethingshock though, you gotta go System Shock 2 because these other games are baby gayms.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

i'm going to say no.