improving UD wishlist thread

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by chickenpox2, Jun 18, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I hope that DOG will address some of issues of UD

UD has been loosing a bit of player base because of other faction being more easier to use and UD champions being too expensive to buy to make a meta

UD spell
    I hope DOG can make a Counter-ability spell like RD or a protect ability like bubble of protect so UD champs can survive longer
    or even damage boost
    Also i hope DOG makes my dark castle real it be nice for UD to have an anti-spell ability
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/dark-castle.3702/

Abilities
    i know UD rely too much on basic attack and with other factions with so many counters makes UD a little difficult to be competitive
    i suggest more non basic abilities without being to strong

Range
    I knpw UD is melee based faction but i think it time UD get a proper range rune (i mean 2-4/3-5/4-6 not 1-3 range)
    It been 2 years since UD had last (yes i checked ) last one was minotaur culler which is a semi range

WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR UD?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

UD doesn't need any of those things, we already have them.

3. chickenpox2

they got anti-magic ability spell?
    what about range why cant ud have new range
    or new ability
    if they dont add all these UD will remain to stall like what it has been doing for last 2 years
    only good thing SOe has done is release of Minotaur race

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Dark Pact.
    Also, new =/= better.

Besides, UD is in a great place right now, and with the revamp coming up, it's kind of pointless to talk about what we need/don't need, since those issues may be already addressed.

5. chickenpox2

Dark pack only for single they got nothing for aoe spells

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Is that really necessary?

7. chickenpox2

my dark castle spell drain ability more effective without being too effective

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Are there specific AoE spells you're having trouble with? Because I'm not really seeing something like that being needed.

9. chickenpox2

no just that after revamp spell spam are more likely to happen and it is difficult for ud if they are not protected properly
    also it too expensive for ud to spell spam cause alot of their spells are expensive

10. Koredar

Koredar The King of Potatoes

UD spells will be quality over quantity, plus we have some of the best (albeit situational in some cases) AoE spells in the game imo. =)

Also you seem to have an agenda chickenpox based off the idea that your suggested rune is awesomesauce and needs made rutnao.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I might be missing something, but in what way will spellspam increase with the revamp?

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

"UD a little difficult to be competitive"

Eh its ok i manage to work the soulthrister/relocation bg , Minotaur/meta bg and UD Nora gen bg all competitively in last few months

UD is in a good place right now..... its not insane like SP or IS.....But thats ok

Darkpact is great in current meta cuz insane amount of single target spells with the rise of IS/X splits(and FF) and SP/x splits( and FF)
    But that being said..... i won't always run darkpact if meta decreases use of single target spells since it becomes way too situational.

13. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

As the local doomday preacher here, I have to say that the only thing we require is a way to make our champions to keep a good part of the damage lost with opposing champions reduction abbilities and spells. It's flavourful, you know, demons are so angry that they manage to bust through enemy defenses without much problems. Drawback? Sure, why not, how about spells where the champion dies after making attacks which can't be reduced by abbilities or spells? Or how about a non-DoT which inflicts residual damage from attacks to the attacked champion? Almost any thing that could be used to upgrade our champion's effectiveness in combat can cost something, like a sacrifice, or Shrine health. O just costs a lot of nora. I mean, I think we just need to get around absurd reductions withouth becoming overpowered. Our flavour, given that the Devs still care for it, allow us to exert ourselves in order to obtain a brief benefit.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Mandate of sheoul

chickenpox2 and SPiEkY like this.
  15. chickenpox2

thanks i hope DOG considers it possibly in next puts it in next expansion

16. chickenpox2

Thats why you should support my dark castle relic so ud will have a better anti-magic presence without being to abusive

17. MakarovJAC

Brother, you have never seen two attacks of 27 damage point each reduced to 10. Or less.

18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Designate scapegoat on the imp deciever.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

OP made me cry. This thread could've had potential, but everything 'wished' for has no business being wished for.

This is conjecture.

Counter-spell like RD? Dark Pact. Want more reliable? Done, Designate Scapegoat (On my mascot yo!), Bubble-like protection? Masochism.

There are UD parallels to everything you've asked for, and they're very fitting for the faction, short of retrofitting them to be copies, I don't know why you'd request anything other than fixing the few bugs they have (Dark Pact still has some improvements it could have, and although it won't matter soon Cast: Dark Pact is still functionally different than Dark Pact).
    UD has gotten plenty of these, it used to be an issue, sure but that's a really long time ago, champs like Nefari Caverunner stood as complete faction paradigm changers, and ever since the release of Goblin Spellkaiser this has been one of the least of the factions' problems.

Again basic attacks aren't the issue, some other mechanics you could've requested aren't here. I remember before the blood theme was a thing really asking for more ways to heal -- we could still use some UD style healing to some non-demons. I also rejoiced hard af when Minotaur Battlemage was released because it was the first iteration of swap in the faction, something I wanted/asked for. It helps to specify exactly the sort of abilities you'd like to see -- But it doesn't help at all when you don't even understand what you need or know what you want. More damage abilities to the damage faction....Come on man.

This was the only avenue you could've had a valid point to make. The bonafide ranged options are still few and far in between(I only have 2 I really like, and a total of 3 I would use), but I don't even know the extend of what you're using.
    Honestly though I'd prefer more sources of non-champion mobility, or a lateral change to PoV, but that's me.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    SPiEkY likes this.
  20. MakarovJAC

With a clearer mind, this are the things I did like to see more on our faction (and less on Prot pansies):

Moar Multiattack
    Moar Enrage
    Moar Tormented
    Moar Blood Frenzy
    Moar DMG boosting abbilities
    Moar DMG boosting abbilities
    ****** MOAR DMG BOOSTING ABBILITIES, DAMMIT!!!

I don't really like the idea of these going somewhere else, specially if that faction has like 20-******-million other ways to deal with high-damage withouth bringing a bigger sword to the fight.

chickenpox2 likes this.