Imps

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Gnomes, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Yeah, but APART from that, they're not bad.

2. Fentum

You might just take cheap demons.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Like, why would I play Imps instead of minos, goodstuff demons, blood or even voths and spiders? They're literally flying double sandbags with that useless racial and flight. Their one thing was the APdrain aspect and it's super bad.

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The big killer for me is no magic damage. Flight themes seem to be in a good place overall though so I wouldn't be surprised if a single new champ turns them into a t1 theme again.

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I run Hekatian Bloodguard for magic damage since she has her pet imp and I like to tell myself I'm not selling out for including her.

Cinder405 and davre like this.
  6. Fentum

Oh deary me. Where's the integrity gone?! ;8)

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

They are playable but not that great against power builds unless you can get a good start/map. you'll struggle against ST spamming auras against your low hp champs.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah is it time to just trim some fat and fold Imps and Gobs together...and take 2 garbo themes and make at least a meh one? Combine racial to steal ap and borrow an ability...balance by ap and duration and range etc.

9. badgerale

Just because a theme isn't competitive doesn't mean it's garbage - goblins especially are really well liked and, I think, one of the best themes in the game (in terms of replayability, fun, challenge).

Imps, potentially, cater to someone who wants a particular play style. They may be quite up to scratch right now but they could easily be if given some love.

10. Fentum

Gobbos is ok. We have a lot of fun.

Keep away those nasty imps.

11. badgerale

I really like imps, historically. I think the current meta and map rotation are bad for imps since they thrive on font stealing and AP generation.

There was a change in how mischief works, which not many may have noticed, but it used to be that it effects 5 spaces from the imp rather than 5 from the target.

It was changed because it was judged to be less intuitive to think about two AoEs and because the targeting AoE also can be used to see imps in AoE.

Which makes ssnse, unfortunately the update was buggy and it hasn't updated the description. Also it makes the ability slightly weaker, so !(perhaps) could use a slight Nora decrease.