Indefinite Leave

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 23, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Good-bye, folks. Not doing anything so drastic as giving away everything I have, or deleting my account, but this is me signing off. I'll still be doing writing for the Pox story, and if anyone needs to get in contact with me, I get emails about forum conversations. Other than that, though, I am not going to be browsing, moderating, or logging in. That Tanks Pt 2 piece won't be done, and the rules documents aren't going to get updated.

It's been at least a year coming -- pretty much time, now. My relationship to and perspective on games has been slowly changing for a long time. There's a blindness, a purposelessness, an un-critical, un-artistic ethos that runs deep in the culture and the things themselves. It hurts. I have an equally deep affection for the medium, and I will not stop writing about or for them, but playing -- that's not something that I can stomach doing anymore. At some point, conscience wins, and desires can't hold out anymore against one's better judgement, regardless of what you try. So good luck, and good-bye.

Tweek516, Woffleet, Leadrz and 2 others like this.
  2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

wow took you that long to realize how soulless and life sucking this game is? I figured that out a year after I started playing. Kudos to you man. Good luck hope you find something to do that will bring you happiness.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

You've been a good friend man. Will notice you not being around :(

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you always try to help people. The community is proud of you and your services, hope you go onto complete productive goals.

Woffleet and Leadrz like this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Thank you for everything you done for the community kal, live long and prosper

Woffleet and Leadrz like this.
  6. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

good bye! hopefully you find whatever it is you are seeking in life!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

You might stop playing the game, but we'll miss you dearly if you're gone forever. Maybe stop by OT once in a while to catch a glimpse of Burn's latest satirical retorts, or indulge in one of Astamir's troglodytic rants.

Personally, I don't play much anymore, but the community is what's kept me around all this time. Pox has been a part of my life for so long that I just can't bare to sever ties with it completely. Whenever I feel like giving it up cold turkey, the forum antics always draw me back in. I mean, who needs to watch the news every night when the zealots of OT get embroiled in debate every day? It's not only stimulating but hilarious at the same time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't think many of us stick around for the game per say, we stick around for the connections we've made through the game. Pox has always been like a small, rural village where everyone knows everyone and meets at the town hall once a week to air disputes and work through problems. I don't see anyone letting go of that intimacy at the drop of a hat.

So if you're ever feeling nostalgic, feel free to drop in. You'll always be welcome here. Peace out, man.

Tweek516, Woffleet, MEATMAN and 2 others like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Most games, and the people who play them.

Keep in touch.

Appreciate it. I'm not interested in sticking around for "the community," however valuable that is to some people here, and however much I may get along with some people here.

9. themacca

Will do

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

rip in peace

11. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

see you space cowboy

Skullferno likes this.
  12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I have to say Ive read many sign offs real and (not soo much) but this one really hurts mate, game is losing a quality player and a good mod. Thanks for being a good mod and for the youtube vids (even if they were worms xD ) best of luck mate in whatever u do

13. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

"And our love is a ghost that the others can't see
    It's a danger
    Every shade of us you fade down to keep
    Them in the dark on who we are
    (Oh what you do to me)
    Gonna be the death of me
    It's a danger
    'Cause our love is a ghost that the others can't see"

This quote best describes this game. The longer you play the more you wither. Hope life treats you sunny side up, and I will miss your wise intellect in council chats.

Best of wishes
    Cheers mate

nepyonisdead likes this.
  14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Well that was unexpected. Hope you'll keep in touch with some of us. Safe travels!

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You are (were, I suppose) in the rare category of "Mods I Don't Hate".

Kind of a bummer to see you leave, even though we didn't interact much. Hope life treats you well.

16. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

have a good one kal!

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Good luck in wherever you go from here. I know you made an impression on a large number of people, especially new players. PA won't be the same place without you and neither will Pox as a whole.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Laterz...
    "another one"

19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Can u trade me some runes for equal value? Say exo worms for like my random exo, zombies, and SP elemental?

20. themacca

piss off

Thbigchief and Tweek516 like this.