Interested in making a Competitive return after 2 years

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NiGhtMaRiK, Apr 12, 2016.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

TL,DR: Trying to return from the game after a hiatus of nearly a year and barely checking the forums. Acquiring the runes Im interested in is proving to be a hassle, so I'm willing to sacrifice my other factions to fill out my FW/UD. Mainly interested in Croma Visionary and Arroyo's; however there are other holes from past expansions. I've been playing since SP expansion and I only stopped purchasing runes about 2 years ago. So I have alot of the other factions filled out for trade and a huge amount of Pox Box points to trade with.

I've never really quit Pox, but I have taken many breaks over the past 2years or so. In the beginning I would play sparingly and played the more interesting mini-game "Forums" for quite awhile. So I stayed up to date on most things and my knowledge for the game really didn't decline. About 2 expansions back I'd say I tried to jump back into the game to realize that my skill did diminish a bit. Not so much because of my knowledge but i mean what is to be expected from inactivity and not experiencing changes but only being aware of them. Also I had lost patience which is crucial for battle strategy and realizing sometimes you have to play the long game for a victory (especially against certain BG's). I found myself frustrated and blaming certain runes or strategies for being too easily abused and overpowered. This led to me retreating back to the forums and witnessing the angst of others.

At this point I intended to resume my adept playing of 'forums' but i was drawn away by work and other games that held my attention. So I went from visiting the forums 10-12 times a week to maybe 3 times a month (if that). Needless to say i feel out of the loop. However, I did keep up with new expansions and I would buy a pack. Not sure if it was intent to play or just supporting a game I once loved. I remember wanting to try out the Croma Visionary and maybe revisit the creeps. I wasn't able to do this because getting anything in client talking to people using the Bazaar tab is a hassle. If you didn't buy the new content and get a rune everyone wanted then your bargaining value is low and people are often out to take advantage of you. I have plenty of Pox Box cred, but the rune I wanted was often not in stock. Also I became aware that despite my wallet I can't simply put any garbage into the trader and use my wealth of points to get what i want. There is some kind of equivalency i must meet before I can pull anything from stock. As I mentioned I was playing many other games so wasting my time on such a hassle of waiting for the runes I was interested in to become available or dodging sharks in client was tiresome and frustrating. I had better things to do so I just abandoned playing that expansion.

I'm back and I purchased one pack and got a few Arroyo runes which are what caught my interest this expansion. I'm anxious to try them out but the thought of what I went through last time has me just not wanting to bother. I'll go play League, or BnS, or Black Desert, 7 knights, Marvel Heroes, DFO, etc...

But I want to give a return to a loved game a fair try. I want to put in the work to re-learn the game and discover the changes. I'd like to challenge myself to see if I can become a competitive player again. So I'm shedding my pack rat nature and my love of experimentation and 'creating' and I am going to do something I never really desired to do. UD and FW are my two favorite factions and I have nearly all the runes save about 50-60 for each. So I want to flesh out my collection and only try out things within those two factions and try to re-master them to take my BG's into competitive play. So I'm desperately willing to trade any and all of my other faction runes to obtain the Arroyo and other holes I have in my UD/FW collections.

Im currently interested mostly in the Arroyo and Croma, so anyone with those for trade please reply with what you have and what you are looking for in return. Thanks.

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

UD is kill or dead!

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Great to see you back, I don't have much of the arroyo or witches to trade i'm afraid.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Ranking up in pvp with grant you some free new runes. Come up with strategic system for forging.

5. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

Gnomes likes this.
  6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

7. NiGhtMaRiK

Thanks alot!

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

now's a bad time, ranks arent resetting and there are some major pvp/balance issues that need to be resolved. Also UD didnt really receive anything from this expansion and is lacking as a whole atm.(fire/fire eater decks were buffed but they are still mediocre at best with very little synergy, range, or defense against range)

you should check in later or just play casually for until some stuff gets fixed.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

gg rare league rabble

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It's fair to say that the Naria runes aren't that relevant to UD FF or to many UD splits (though they are splashable to an extent).

But we did get two very strong runes in Goblin King and Boundless Enthusiasm, and the imp is pretty decent.

There were also some good UD buffs to puppet master, gahlroonling, darkness, soulcrawler.

So I think UD is in a decent place overall.

Vorian likes this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

buff UD

12. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Welcome back to Pox. As you can see from the way this thread has gone nothing has changed much over the last two years... :rolleyes:

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

do you still need arroyo runes

14. NiGhtMaRiK

@Bondman007 home is as i left it lol

@newsbuff I do. I'm willing to trade from Pox Box or any faction other than FW/UD

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ud and fw need to be the factions your trading because they suck, lmao.

sp and fs destroy everything.

16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

17. NiGhtMaRiK

I only saw one Arroyo @newsbuff

Imma try my luck in the lobby... Lord knows thats gonna be a chore

18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

we have all but riftlord in stock. you realize thats a link to pox points not pox box right

19. NiGhtMaRiK

I went there and only saw one Arroyo yesterday.
    I may not have known how to navigate it that well.

I had someone gift me the basic Arroyo stuff. Coincidently I only need to trade for Lords now :/

20. NiGhtMaRiK

Been trying for 3 days to get Rift Lords. Can't to save my life.
    I'll keep trying.
    Maybe i'll be able to play sometime this decade :p