Ironfist Bane

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by DukeofDunks, May 6, 2017.

1. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Im making this thread because for as long as ive played poxnora(circa nora surge) before ive absolutely despised ironfist. They hit hard, they die slow, their spells are extremely powerful. You cant rush them because theyll rebuff you, you cant outlast them because theyll roll into a giant synergy ball and they always have an answer for everything, Ive always found them frustrating

This is obviously personal opinion/bias. Im well aware that SL is considered OP these days but im curious enough to get an IS perspective.

What exactly do you hate? Is there a faction that makes you groan when their shrine appears on the screen? A spell that makes you sigh when the effect plays? A champion that lets you know the games gotten serious when it hits the board?

I ask purely for science and not because im going to stuff a bg full of these runes.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

FW,KF,SL,ST,UD,FS is what I dont like as an IS player, not atm anyway. But learning more and more ways to counter those annoying things with those factions.
    UD - ranged escalation units, those i really dispice
    SL - all fury and hunter:walker lizards
    FW - worms, doom, essense drains, LoL (probably just FW i do really dislike)
    ST - nokhan-do + insane much hps and global heal
    KF - hmm no i like treehuggers
    FS - One with the nora, all aoe spam

oh yeah i hate all ignore defense AoE spam, if i work my cool tanks to 10+ defense a lil pesky frog comes and kills them because 'Ha I ignore defense eat this!'

Would say SP also, but they are sooo rare except for splits

3. DukeofDunks

In the spirit of the thread, heres something i found while casually browsing games in the lobby.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Hierokliff

Still think that you dont win over IS, you might lose if you do real bad, but winning is expected from all factions against IS. Now if you let a brewmaster stand idling against your own troops are your not playing right.
    Now thirst for battle is OP as heck, but think almost all factions got it these days?
    http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/2295

But that picture make me wanna play the brewmasters again, he has a good build there with tough1 and firebomb3.

5. Hierokliff

Hmm which faction do you play? atm i cant win against anything else then IS... its so bad i just hit surrender atm :)

6. DukeofDunks

FW. Though historically i was an UD player, It may just be the vengeful BG im playing but i havent had any trouble with IS at all compared to KF or ST the past week oddly enough(Its always a protectorate faction, i swear)

[​IMG]

As youve said, Essence drain and loss of life go a long way against IS, to say nothing of ancients protection Preventing the innumerable frustrating spells IS can play.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Hierokliff likes this.
  7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

FW has always been one of the best counters to IS, also if you arent running 2x Doom in FW you are doing it wrong that shits the most broken spell in the game.