ironfist BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by xRugolth, Mar 2, 2014.

1. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I would suggest cutting down on some champs. Maybe an Excavator, Dwarven King, and Sargent. Also might want to drop a granite bracers or both.

I would add Bane Blast (synergy with Hammer Striker) , Tales of Valor (Might as well as abuse it now), and either Might of Ironfist or Mark of Redemption (or both).

xRugolth likes this.
  3. xRugolth

How bout now

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C8Qc...c5jC8WcaxCgac7Bs5Xs4Bslsvs6Ms4-sPs2drirYEhe3i

But I wanna keep my dwarf king cause he's my only source of heal and once I get warcry started I usually never lose.... and gb have won me a few matches too

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It looks better, I'm just not fond of granite bracers because of how easy it is to counter. Also you could always run Priest of Valdac for healing.

xRugolth likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would cut on melee champions to add more range, I would keep 2x brewmasters and 2 master axemans as tanks and drop euan, dwarven king, rugolth's revenge, stalwart defender and engineer. Then I would add 2x griffin rider or 2x dwarven sharpshooters and I would cut either 1sergeant or the priestess to add a second mortar or a second roughneck. If you want healing you can add a priest of valdac at this point.
    I'd run 2x bane blast to sinergize with roughnecks and hammer strike, macadamize and instill panic to support the king, you can use excavator to go behind a enemy and use instill panic to throw him at the king.
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C8QCupcFcpTCakCtdC10c5jC8Wc1tCgaS5Xs4Bsls7ms4Gs6Ms4-sPrirYe3i

Edit: you don't need macadamize with griffin riders so you can take that out for a second hammer strike.

xRugolth likes this.
  6. xRugolth

Yea PoV is always good and usually auto include but can't resist having tha warcry around

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

This is my version of Dwarves, take into account i haven't played ranked in a long time

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C8QcupcFcq_CakctdC4Kc5PcfdC8WCgacfgs5Xs4Bsfsls7ms4Gs7Hs6Ms2drHrYele_

The D. King is there for scaring the enemy, usually throw a haste on it, and look you enemy retreat (or spell spam him to death).
    Instill panic does wonders with Roughnecks and Agent, also usefull to put some champion into range of your King.
    Earthquake whe you think a powerturn is coming. Removing all AP of your enemy champs works great. I've tested it against Open the Earth and Rock Torrent, but Earthquake is more reliable, and sinergizes with Strip Armor.

xRugolth likes this.
  8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Here's my current meta Dwarf deck: http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/C8Qc2jCupcFctdC4KCyocwyC8WCgacfgs5Xsus6WSls4Gs7Hs2prir1mrYeQe_

Your standard, garden variety Dwarf build with a few personal touches which should be obvious. Runes like Unbending Force, Dwarven Catapult, and Holy Mace are sometimes so unexpected that even the sharpest opponent can't figure out how to respond. It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I have immense fun playing this deck, and every rune has its purpose (yes, even Giving Tree).

xRugolth likes this.
  9. xRugolth

I really like the build of this bg the combos with catapult are always wicked but no DMC is a little of a corcens..

10. joycefinnigan

joycefinnigan The King of Potatoes

I don't understand why no one's deck has Dwarven Engineer as 2x auto, that unit is by far IS's greatest rune. Also, why run DK or Euan? They cost way too much for what they offer.

I love the catapult, but it really needs to lose lumbering/fire vulnerability.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I mostly run King for its sentimental value. He was a total beast back in the day, as well as being one of the most expensive runes around, so I've always tried to make space for him. Yes, 100 nora is an awful lot, but I'm more than willing to pay that price for Warcry 3 and a huge global heal, in addition to formidable stats. Dwarves are combo-oriented by nature, and King is a good centerpiece to build a deck around.

Engineers are not really my style. Though I do prefer a more passive/defensive game, which Engineer promotes, he just doesn't feel Dwarfy enough. Construct decks make better use of him, and whenever I run him I'm always tempted to add a few more 'structs to make sure I get the maximum benefit. And naturally, as a theme purist, I cannot abide deviation to such a degree.

As for DMC, I currently do not own any, which is why he's not included. I used to have a pair about 4 months back, but I was quite a bit more pessimistic at the time as to the future of the game, so I gave away all my expensive runes in a writing contest. Even if I had DMCs now, I probably wouldn't run them in my Dwarf deck, as I would undoubtedly be forced to drop some of my oddball choices to find space. Even considering such a thing is most blasphemous to me.