Ironfist Stronhold Videos

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Baskitkase, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I figured with the new client out I would try and play again, record it and then make GIFs of all the bugs/stupid stuff I encountered. Got a PM asking for a video and others commented on not any/many IS players playing right now so decided to put some comments on this one. I havent played in forever, so made lots of mistakes. It was a clunky experience so clicking on units and reading them kinda got lost in the sauce.

If you don't know me, you're probably new because I haven't been around on the game side (forum warriors ftw) for quite some time. I typically play IS and sometimes IS splits. I was drawn to IS for purely RP reasons, I just like dorfs and stuff. Turned out, I like the defensive/recovery play-style found in IS.

This is a voice-over, since I had no plans to publish it. If people like it and/or want to see more IS stuff, I'd probably do live commentary just to save some time.

Later vids would also be better quality, I used some lower resolution then cropped the rest of my desktop out.

Give me some feedback if you want.

If you have any specific non-gameplay requests, I'd be happy to help. Beginner to expert (lol) or anywhere in between.

I recorded via Gforce Experience (GTX980TI) screen capture.
    I edited with CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Ultimate

Gametime was around 20 mins, editing and voice over about 30mins, rendering 15mins, upload to youtube 20 mins.

My Deck
    [​IMG]

Video:

Another video here, the only changes to the deck are that Eroding Winds x 2 are in for Earthquake and 1 Hammer - just testing them. Euan is also in for Kingmaker who I'm starting to dislike. This is not really a competitive game due to my opponent being new but it does give me a chance to highlight how some simple positioning and AP inefficiencies ruin a really good initial champion deploy set-up on his part. Secondly, I wanted to upload it in case there's anyone at DOG who wants to see their buggy Firking client in action.

Here's another vid of me playing vs a UD fire deck and failing to read stuff/learn/pay attention.

Another Vid here, Constructs this time - features some Manic play.

This video features a CTE deck (Cleanse the Earth, Paladin, Shaman and Priests) vs Salamans

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you did a really fantastic job at explaining what is going on.

Woffleet and Baskitkase like this.
  3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Nice to see another IS player, but imo you miss one of the best dwarf atm, its dwarfen magister, especially since you run so many spells. and you should consider put battle matron in if you can use inspire since it got longer range now then earlier, i just dont like inspire but run her anyway.
    watched your video and hope you get out more.

here is my last dorf deck, maybe it can inspire some
    upload_2017-6-8_14-30-11.png

ps you must try out the new Euan, its almost instant love .-) even if his hammer bugs atm and gives illuminate instead of double talking jive motha Firker...hmm think i listen to much old guns n roses.

Baskitkase likes this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I dont like expensive runes, and range 5 is meh as well. I don't include all those spells to spam them. I use probably 3-5 spells on average per game. I have them because they are all intended for different situations. Euan is great but I always ask myself, what can I use that gets it done better/cheaper. Thug out-tanks Euan easily, Noble out-tanks him and out damages him. I do like brewmaster with t1 tho. Inspire is Bane Shift. Warstaff is great. But in the end, my front liners are judged by how long they can keep the front line weighed against their cost.

Eroding winds looks good, I'd have to see how it plays.

From the looks of your deck, looks like you cast lots of spells and so we just have a drastically different playstyle. Personally, I'd rather deploy a champion almost every time.

aseryen likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

Eroding winds is really good. When cast twice in a game it will kill 20hp relics deployed in a deployment zones. Eroding winds often causes knock back damage, and newly deployed champs are moved deeper into thier own deploment zone, skrewing up contesting somtimes.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Baskitkase likes this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Oh it effects all zones, not just the one you cast it on? That can be really annoying and I do love annoying.

7. OriginalG1

Yours theirs and neutral

Baskitkase likes this.
  8. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Fantastic stuff. Seriously keep up the good work. :)

Baskitkase likes this.
  9. Hierokliff

Dwarfen magister with teleporting, dual dmg types and adaptive make them real powerful and mobile. Kinda like pontiff but with other functions, i use both alot. Maybe your right but on a few maps that teleport is really useful. on other maps having range 5 instead of 6 is bad.
    Euan is a new champion now, thugs dont out-tank him anymore, no way, that hallowed trail is OP, 5hp heal and cleansing and again dual dmg type champion, surge enemy or battlemaster here is my problem atm. but yeah he is a bit expensive.

Ive removed eroding winds atm, but it was a time when so many players did hide in their fonts, and Worms, eroding winds hit all zones including shrine SDZ so against worm players i hit the entire board with those spells if i had to use them.

Baskitkase likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Can confirm Eroding Winds is super good on multi-font maps, especially if there is fighting going on in two seperate contested fonts. The knockback is triggered from your shrines upper-right corner and at the end of your turn (including the round that you cast it) so if you keep your eyes peeled you can get a ton of damage out of it. The only reason I don't use it is that I dont like spells that are not consistantly useful. There are some games where you will never be able to use it.

panthersfan95 and Baskitkase like this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Another game is being produced and uploaded right now. Might be a game more geared towards new players so might not be as interesting for people who know how to play. Also @Sokolov the amount of bugs you require us to play through each game is pitiful, FFS, and the video also features several of those.

12. Hierokliff

Inspired by you, i did record and comment a Dwarf vs Ethereal Pool deck. Maybe some new player could learn how to handle those annoying decks or teach me how to do it better. Iam playing in 1280x1024 resolution to see as much of the map as possible on my computer.

ps
    sorry for hijacking your video thread with one of my own...

Baskitkase likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No prob, feel free to drop them in here but I'd recommend making your own thread so people can find all yours in one convenient place.