IS Beasts

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Baskitkase, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gaedel likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Kinda curious how well Paladin Commander would do as a "tank" / Support with Rallying Cries and Command Dodge/Block since he is a Beast.

I personally try to fit Earthshaker into pretty much any deck.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Looks solid to me, he's probably running Command Dodge on the Kinsmen as it is Markoth, though I could see Violent being useful in Beasts, but Command Dodge is so strong.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

If it were me, I'd drop the Kinsmen for Wild Griffins and the PoVs for I-Wings. I never particularly cared for Kinsman, his design seemed boring, and Wild Griffins bring lovely 7 speed to the deck. They're squishy as hell, but boy do they ever pack a punch when Boosted. I-Wings are thematic and, while more expensive, they bring decent stats with Boost (more combat-worthy than PoV) and 2 forms of defense counters in Soften and Illuminate. The only thing you really lose out on is the on-deploy heal.

I'd also drop the Fists, since I still have a soul, but that's up to you...........

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

This is what the bg would look like if I were to make it more my own:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/CjkCjjc4Cw_cgoCjhck7cgdc1tCjgCgas5Xs31Sls4Gs6Ms4-sPrirYE3ie_

I'm happy with 1 PoV and 1 Ivory Wing. I'd prefer Platinum Wing to Kinsman every day of the week (idk if it's better objectively, moreso a personal choice) and the only reason 1 of them is still left is that Command: Dodge mentioned above. Wild Griffin is tempting because Phantom Dash is one of my favourite abilities in the game, but it probably won't work in the deck.

I am also sad at the lack of Earthshaker but could not find something to swap out. Glorious Charge replaced Blink because I am not a fan of Blink but I do want my decks to have that one movement related powerturn spell (Draconic Benediction, Price of Victory, Glorious Charge, that kind of thing). I am however aware that it has some overlap with Maca, esp since both grant Mobility. But still.

EDIT: Maybe I'd replace Maca with Glorious Charge and leave Blink. I wanted Maca in for the damage, but the role overlap bugs me and between the 2 I prefer Charge.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  6. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Savage wolf used to be one of my favs, but haven't run him since revamp, might try a barb heavy beasty deck with him. Also, with all the flying available to IS beasts, is a tail wind Griffin rider at 88 nora worth considering? In a side note, while I have a Fist, he kinda feels like cheating, and I am also sad that I traded my doomie away many moons ago.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Markoth Yeah, I'm running Command Dodge on my kinsmen. I don't want to pay for Commander paladin that I'll not even use. Rally Cry rank 1 is completely worthless. Fist and Kinsman tank fine.

@JazzMan1221 I don't need high base damage or glass cannons, its a boost and build deck so it has 25 dmg wherever I want it. The PoVs are barely a champ for me, I see them as more of a heal mechanic sorta like a spell. I don't play them for anything other than their healing, and the only thing I really want is the globals. I really dislike the Ivory Wings for some reason. I just know that when I play them I wish I had a PoV instead.

@Sirius Thats almost identical to mine, just some playstyle differences. I like to 2x as many champs as I can so that I normalize my draws to avoid/reduce scrying.

@Gwyndionnz My beef with Savage Wolf is the barbound. I have the two PoVs that I cannot deploy on turn one, the Savage Wolf puts me at even greater risk. He's just north of being a glass cannon, I'd say he's a foil cannon. I like the champ and I like how it plays when you have barbs out.

What has me most excited out of everything is 66 nora Mounted Hawkmasters. Thats a slice of lolercake rite thar.

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Every time I start making a beast deck I end up splitting with sp to combo displaced with mag beast since it affects both phases of team. Throw in 2 scarlet wings, 2 moga cannon and zoalt and you have a fire amp submodule with the option for hbv. My current build but I end up tweaking this every other week or so...

http://poxbase.com/deck/C5YC6YC4Cw_C4PCk7c1tCgaciDs5Xs4Bs6_S3ysPs82s5wr2Yrir2ZE3ie21

Im just not that big a fan of ff is beasts. Which annoys me about myself cuz I'm primarily a ff fan.

Baskitkase likes this.
  9. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huge fan of SP/IS, I just could never get the BG to work.

I was running a few differences:

http://poxbase.com/deck/CiFc6YCjjC4C4PCjhCk7CgaciBs5Xs4BS6_S3ysPs5wr2Yrir2ZE3ie21

1 - How important are the doomies overall?
    2 - Why no Fist of Bastions?
    3 - What do you usually Havok"s touch? Does the Mounted Kinsman keep Essence Capture and the bonus damage when it Reforms as a team? I know it keep the Magnify +HP.

What upgrades are you running on your champs. I have the most trouble with that. A few are obvious, but others leave me at a loss.

Thanks for the help @sassquatch

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Warcry2 at range 4? Yeah thats probably the best combat support ability in the game.

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

The backbone of the deck is definitely the displaced which I run with call to arms and violent cuz virtually everything triggers or benefits from these 2 abilities. Also any spell cast on it will in phase 1 of team will transfer to phase 2. Generally I only give him mag beast and zealotry tho for tankyness. Equipment does get shattered between phases but for all its worth tempest crown makes for great healing and anti range for him.

The havocs and tac manuals and extra mag beasts go on the starlets and moga Canon's. They will easily start putting out 20-30 dam a hit.

Doomies and the boost beasts champs round out the theme enablers and the extra magic damage is always useful not to mention the extra ap and damage.

The fists is absent due to the lack of room on the is side. Also I only have 1 which I just recently acquired and am debating what to replace for it.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dooms also provide spot remove. Mostly basic attacks in beast deck outside of Ride Down. You got Flamestrike, Hawk Attack and Bola, but those are all single target attacks.

13. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I like it, i just need one more doom and im all the way there :)

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Def 2x hound masters over Herder...herder just underperforms for me

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Then you aren't playing her correctly. Invig2 on a cheap champ? Auto.

16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Then I look at hound master , internal synergy and drive. Invig is awesome...just hound brings more imo

17. TheBulwark

R u running boost two or three

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The definitely don't bring more. This game is about single champ kills, In this deck it's about tac man scarlet kills. Pups are great, but low CD means one is plenty. Typically drive is only necessary up to 3 times per kill so also means one is enough. Now I could see the argument of bringing two, but not a chance would that be in the place of a herder.

3, for the range of the ability.

19. TheBulwark

So its 71 nora for 5 speed and 39 hp

20. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Wonderful post, @Baskitkase
    This is definitely a very stong theme and has really taken the place as my sure-fire winner vs AI games instead of Leoss with Mosharn. The responses are very good -- Very informative and positive. This is the way the community, especially one of the most influential veterans can really help the game. <smiles from ear to ear, but not in a psychotic Joker smile> 12/10!

I prefer Herder to Hound as well with Ingiv 2 and Boost 3 for only 71 nora! Blessing and Grant: Mobility are nice plusses. Hound does bring Boost Beast 3 and Drive at 76 nora, as well as Summon Beast 3 for additional meat. But for me Invig 2 beats Drive any time. However, the separation between the two isn't really that great, so running Hound instead doesn't detract much, especially if you build around his strengths (free meat).

Fist is one of my favorite runes and I love Ride Down. However, I do not run him right now until Ride Down is fixed. I do not support changing Ride Down except for fixing it to what its meant to do. I would very much prefer changing the CD +1 as to changing the ability. I really do not think 20 HP is too much to lose for one hit as, especially in this deck, 20+ hits aren't rare.

Doombringer with Warcry 2 and Drain 1 for 88 nora is certainly viable. Warcry and Punish on a ranged unit is great anyway. 2-4 range means it needs careful positioning so he can use his abilities to maximum benefit while staying out of range of ranged opponents and get your 88 nora one-rounded. Would like to see Doom with greater range only on Doombringers, but then that would make it very OP. But the ability that makes these guys so much fun is the Taunt: Doom! "DOOOOOOM!"