Is bonus

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

What do vets think of a bonus which gave some sort of benefit to equipment and or relics instead of the reduction from spells.

I was thinking a better bonus for fw would be a mini darkweave effect, but that would definitely step on the toes of is players. Then I thought how much is depend on equipment in their bgs, and wanted to get their opinions (would is benefit, and what kind of benefit would benefit is themes the most? Equip cost reimburse, cooldown, same with relics, how much would be balanced... these kinds of details.

As an aside, it would also fix certain spells like hungry dead not working on is, although that's a minor issue.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Why.

Stop trying to change bonuses.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I like IS faction bonus, hard to balance flat damage reduction or percentage damage reduction. The flat damage reduction makes certain spells useless while it barely affects others. Hungry dead vs essence drain.
    Kinda like if we changed FW faction bonus to -2/-4 cooldown on champions instead of 30/60% reduction
    cant see equipment changes do anything for IS that the champs/relics/spells already can do if you run a equip based bg.

i agree with @Tweek516

4. DiCEM0nEY

You just admitted it is a flawed bonus, then said it is hard to balance. I appreciate the feedback, but your answer made no sense as to why it shouldn't be changed. I agree that the current bonuses are both hard to balance, for your given reason.

I don't fully understand the reasoning behind why an equip bonus would be bad (equip /relic), are you saying there is no way to make it better than the current is bonus? It does fit with is themes well at least.

Tweek is stupid. I ignored him a long time ago.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

What is the point. Please go away.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- It never feels good when your bonus is decided by your opponent. But the dye is cast... at this point changing the bonus could effect so many modules and rune balance that it's tough to change it unless you change it to something related to how it works currently. Like % spell/magic damage reduction? I think that would be better. So you could at least get some use out of reduced magic champion damage if the opponent had no damaging spells

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

IS bonus doesn't need a change.

Slencer and Tweek516 like this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

I think saying the die has been cast is silly. Pox is a game with many expansions, many things could still be made better from a design point. Let's be honest, the game isn't balanced currently, and alot of people support the idea of at least saying they certain aspects of themes should be strengthened.

What do you mean by get some use out of reduced spell champions?

I do understand that something would need to scale with keeping champions alive. And why my first suggestion doesn't necessarily fit that theme. It does fit IS overall tthough. Would it actually be better to simply give them that bonus I wonder/

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS has the Armory relic so the benefit would be redundant. Also worth noting that the only theme that has any sort of equipment module is Dwarves and it would be a poor design decision to force all of the themes in a faction to conform to certain playstyle. One of the nice things about IS is that we have very broad playstyles and that can be largely traced back to the IS bonus. Some bonuses like FW benefit certain playstyles more than others in the faction. This limits deckbuilding. In IS we have Barbarians (Aggresive), Constructs (Defensive slow build), Grintmaw (Defense, attrition), Dwarve and Paladins (Hybrids, Dwarves towards the defensive end of the spectrum. Paladins towards offense.). All of them play very differently from the others. The current IS bonus is just that. A bonus. It benefits all of them pretty evenly. Something like you suggest would benefit Dwarves a ton but a theme like Grintmaw that dont use all that many equips would be limited.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

Fair enough

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- There were and are situations where flat spell reduction damage is both OP and UP. Powercreep before it was halted was making flat reduction weaker and an argument could be made for % spell damage reduction over flat.

- What I meant was if it could somehow be tweaked without being too busy... make the IS bonus reduce spell damage and magic damage by X%. This adds magic damage from champions..but dependent on the % could be OP or UP