[IS Champion Concept] - Witch Hunter

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Markoth, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I reworked the Ammunition mechanic a bit for this concept.
    Witch Hunter
    Ironfist Stronghold
    Race: Human (Barbarian :/ )
    Class: Priest, Rogue

Flavor Text: "She's a witch! BURN HER!" -Anonymous

Stats:
    Cost: 79
    DMG: 12
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 2-4
    DEF: 2
    HP: 49

Abilities:
    Attack: Pistol
    Ammunition 2: When this unit comes into play, it gains 4 charges. When this unit makes a basic attack it loses 1 charge. If this champion collects a Nora globe it regains 2 charges.
    Witch Foe
    Inquisition

Upgrade Tree A:
    Set Ablaze (Default)
    Combo Attack: Brand (-2 Nora from Default) (Molosse)
    Excorcism (-2 Nora from default)

Upgrade 2:
    Impenatrable - (Default)
    Combat Awareness - (0 Nora from Default)
    Purified - (+4 Nora from Default)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    KingJad likes this.
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I like this a lot even tho I hate IS although I'm weary of giving it combat awareness. Also you forgot class: paladin

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

For some reason Paladin didn't seem quite right on him. I would like to the the CtE theme as a whole get better defined as to what is and isnt a paladin. There are some units like NCPriestess that really have no business being a Paladin in the first place. I would also like to see "The Inquisition" open up to some outside classes like Knights and Rogues.

Sirius likes this.
  4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Just put it out there I was just poking fun at you:p Absolutely no way this rune could be a paladin. Id love to see a possible knight class/theme it'd be an interesting change in the right direction, instead of having half of the faction with class paladin.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

BURN THE WITCHES! UD WILL HELP IN THIS CRUSADE!

6. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I would better see class: priest rather than knight. Witchhunter isn't a noble person, he's a common random lad, who hunts witches. He's closer to being the priest(as he has or should havecertain training in the proper church equivalent of Poxnora). Other than that, I like the guy.

That could indicate some direction, where IS could go. Those shiny pallys in glittering armors and beardy dwarves set IS as the most archetypical faction. Even KF with elementals and De'lim got some ominous lore and not-so-goody-goody-guys direction.

EDIT: Priest Rogue double class could be also considered.

7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Priest Rogue sounds just right IMO

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Priest, Rogue it is then.

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like the ammuntion mechanic, except the part where the charge accrual is tied onto it. I would divide into:

Ammunition (1,2,3): This champion comes into play with (2,4,6) charges, when this unit attacks it loses a charge. If this unit has 0 charges, his range becomes 1.

Loot/salvage (1,2,3): When this champion recovers a nora globe it gains (1,2,3) charges

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

My original rework for Ammunition had Reload as a separate ability but I combined them due to how the revamp effected abilities.

11. Molosse

I always feel like a **** for doing this, but im'a do it anyway because I know you like the ****.

Why not make it a control champion? We've spoken before about the control elements of Pala's being tossed out of the window in exchange for pure efficiency so why not try the following:

Stats:
    -1Def
    -2Dmg

Base:
    -Ammunition
    +Multi Attack
    +Combo Attack: Mark of Al'Mara

Upgrade Path A:
    -Exorcism
    -Combo Attack: Burn
    +Punish
    +Combo Attack: Stall

Upgrade Path B:
    -All
    +Brand
    +Declare Target
    +Book Burn

Make it less of a balls out combat champion and instead make it much more of a controller.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

inspired by molesse, combo attack: brand would be a nice replacement for CA: burn in your build.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yeah, I agree. Changed.

14. Molosse

:(

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Turn that frown upside down big boy! Your name is is parenthesis next to the ability. It means you are special.

16. Molosse

Truly mine mother was correct.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I really like the idea for this ability. May I use it in a different concept?

18. Molosse

Did you see a wee (c)? If not rock on.