IS Expansion Discussion

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Sokolov wtf is motion sensor? Did you seriously just make a rune that will just sit there most of the time and do nothing? Not to mention it can likely cost you a game if you get it first turn? Very not good.

nico likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not sure what can be done to make it better though. Perhaps lowering the speed granted by Motion Sensor to 5 and raising the base speed to 3 or something? Personally I would like to see him stay where he is at and then add Escalation to U2.

3. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Let him lower the price of the next unit you play once triggered by a decent amount or allow for a swap/redeploy of some type.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Few more random ideas:
    Speed starts at 8. Motion Sensor gives Immobile and is removed when an enemy enters its radius. Something like Secure Fonts is added to base so he has a use while immobile.

Speed to 4. Sensor gives Lumbering. When an enemy enters its radius, lumbering is removed and speed is set to 8.
    Note: You can use Spare wings to bypass the lumbering but when Sensor is triggered and the speed set to 8 it would lose the +1 from spare wings.

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

lol, Markoth thats some fail. You cant use a Firking zero speed unit. End of story.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It costs 35 nora for a potential 8 speed unit. If you can find a way to trigger it is automattically an efficient deploy. Opponent threatening to capture a side font? Deploy motion sensor to defend it at a fraction of the cost that your opponent is expending.

I can already think of combinations with "bound" champs to give the opponent a champ to trigger Sensor and give you a 35 nora champ. May not work well in FF IS but its doable and efficient.

I get it. Its not the best rune for IS and it definitely doesnt fit your decks but that doesnt mean it wont see any play. I likely wouldnt use it either and the suggestions I made above likely wouldnt make them see play in my decks either.

Another wild suggestion:
    Increase AoE to 8 but change it to:
    If there is an opposing champion within 8 spaces this champion has 8 speed.
    Easier to trigger but it is no longer a trigger and remove ability. If there are no opposing champions within 8 spaces it goes back to 0 speed.

7. Tarth

If it could do a tunnel ambush like move would it be worth it then?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Treasure Hunter is an incredibly good rune for Dorfs

Axeraiser likes this.
  9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Catapult the motion sensor
    Scrubs

#lastofadyingbreed

#edit nvrm catapult was nerfed this expansion.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  10. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Easiest way to make him OP: add Seism base.

Or just make him a relic that turns into a champion. So it can be deployed nearer to the action.

I like the idea that he can defend side fonts tho. Works like a cheaper (but visible) Waylay in that regard.

Tarth likes this.
  11. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

the new IS barb is a friggen joke, really disappointed with that one, next is motion sensor, also very wtf-like, the dorfs and the bird are pretty cool

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I honestly think he is being overlooked. A 7 speed Surge enemy ranged champ with complete attack coverage from Flameburst. True Nature is prob one of the strongest abilities of the expansion.

13. Tarth

Its a strong champ, however I think the main issue was/is that its a simplistic, yet powerful ranged beater. In an expansion that was intended to enhance theme cohesion or maybe power, to get a individualist range beater is disappointing. It's awesome that it has such a powerful ability set, but it boils down to simply punch people in the face and take their abilities with high damage hits. At most you can say it does what most/all barbs do, hit things hard and has a decent speed (at the cos of another units speed) but what did it provide besides that?

If it was more focused on the control or negation aspect it might of been more interesting, maybe not as strong, but interesting. As it stands Its another damage dealer exotic. With a name like pureblood plainswalker I expected a bit more synergy with its people, if not with all of IS and a badass at that. Honestly it feels like they don't know what to give humans/barbs and resort to just damage, everything is pure damage with no flare or interesting mechanical interactions that you get in most of the other races.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Nora That likes this.
  14. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

to me it is the cost of another unit's speed that kills me, IS is already a slow faction. Feels like a slap in the ballzack while a mosquito is on them