IS Faction Discussion

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, May 31, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

So this is in the Crate and I was curious about peoples thougths on the matter. Personally I like the current bonus and if any change was to occur I'd want it to be similar. Perhaps something similar to SL's bonus but instead of reducing Basic Attack damage it would reduce damage taken by non-attack sources (Spells, AoEs, DoTs?, etc). If this was to happen though I am not sure what percentage would be appropriate. 20% would only reduce most spells by 2-3 but would now have more overall utility.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I know percentages are the best scaling mechanics...but I don't think we should go with a percentage due to access issues. A flat reduction from non-physical sources is interesting or some derivation of non-basic attack sources like you mentioned. OR all champs have a non-physical "Buffer" granted on deploy...but that's prolly too much like ST but pigeon holed.

Ironfist Faction bonus

"Fortitude"
    -15/15: Champions you control take 1 less damage from non-physical damage sources.
    -Full Faction: Champions you control take 2 less damage from non-physical damage sources.

- It's sort of like a weaker tough.

Sokolov likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Meta good stuffs is powerful, the rest of the faction Firking blows. Who gives a Firk about the bonus, but if you're taking suggestions, I'll have +6 nora per turn, duh.

4. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I like our faction bonus.

If this is gonna to be changed, i would like something that still allow the phalanx style. The IS style.

Greythen likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

if hungry dead could do just one damage to FF IS and tangle up those pompous paladin i would be happy.

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I would just take it and apply the current bonus to anything that can be effected by combat awareness.

The full faction version only though, split decks need 0 love

7. JaceDragon

lol no

8. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I hate not having a bonus vs certain factions/decks. It is annoying when FS poison clouds and KBs your champ for 21 damage with nora they gained from a bonus with no impact from the IS bonus in return. Euan drowns again with no reply?

SP and FS run very few runes that the IS bonus works against.

SP runs Avalanche 1x 80% of the time.

FS monsoon 1x and reverberating blast 1x 80% of the time.

That's about 3 runes for two entire factions affected by the IS bonus.

Decks with no runes that are affected by the IS bonus are common enough.

Change the bonus to 4/2 damage reduction and add 20%/10%, or if that is to much 10%/5%, cost increase to ALL opponents spells. This way the IS bonus will still do what it does but not punish decks built around aoes quite as hevily as it does now. It will also give IS a bonus vs decks that don't run AOEs.

Now that drown costs 90 nora vs FF. Think about this though. FS has genned far more than this increased cost to their spell through there bonus. It's still a net win for FS, it's just not so one sided as it has been for so long.

9. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

I would prefer, as others mentioned, a bonus that enhances the phalanx style.

FF : Champions you control take 4(or 20%) less damage from bombs and area of effect spells.
    15/15: Champions you control take 2(or 10%) less damage from bombs and area of effect spells.

10. Dresnar20365988

This is a great idea.

I would like to warn though it won't address the issue of going up vs bgs that don't run aoes.

Also why pigenhole the IS bonus to only phlanex play style? Wings and barbs don't benefit greatly from phlanex play style.

I'd like to see the bonus be a bit more broad.

Thbigchief likes this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Barbs have access to both Defender and Battlemaster, which is what originally formed the Phalanx playstyle.

12. Dresnar20365988

And nexus aura.

My barbs utilize incite rage and range. I usually leave them spread out to minimize damage and give myself different avenues of threat. They don't rely on stacking buffs through close proximity to win. My wings play the same way.

I do agree with your assessment that the IS bonus was designed around the game at its earliest form. It needs to be adapted to the game as it is now.

13. Thbigchief

- I've tried to get rid of nexus aura and any aura for that matter from barbs. They should be the aggressive shock trooper side of ironfist that they sorely need. Relying on deploy effects or enrage or death synergy to promote some more split font battling allowing mechanics .

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, Barbs should be an aggressive play style. I was just disagreeing with your statement that they don't benefit from phalanx play style.

15. Thbigchief

- They do kinda, but they just shouldnt imo. Incite, battle leader , cleave, protective, vindictive, scrapper, phantom dash, clamp, aggressive, assault (tho still over costed imo especially barbaric version), berserker, manic, fury, crushing charge, charge, dashing maneuver all are examples of proactive aggressive mechanics barbs could focus on in the future.

16. Dresnar20365988

Since I have posted the most in this thread my idea shall be implemented.

@Sokolov make it happen.

17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I love when I get a chance to play as IS, I can just ignore spells

18. JaceDragon

TheBulwark likes this.