Is Fire Amp still crazy?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by SPiEkY, Feb 19, 2016.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm getting ready to start taking this game halfway serious again, and the last UD deck I remember having real success with was a Fire Amp deck.

I know it was pretty well broken back then, but has it been nerfed at all over the last few months without me noticing, or is it still pretty baller?

I just figured it might be prudent of me to check with the general opinions of y'all before drafting deck ideas, since, if it's been nerfed to hell, I don't really want to bother and will probably just try out Minos.

2. noamkeren

noamkeren I need me some PIE!

I dont think it was nerfed and it's fun deck atm, dont know how much good, but again, fun.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Right on, deck drafting begins, then.

4. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

I've seen several different people running fire bgs, they were all very interesting and very different from each other. I'm sure at least one of them is very good but I have no idea how to build a good one myself. There's a lot of options.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Fire decks have access to a massive rune pool and gave always been underplayed, there is bound to be something effective there.

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Looks like a few of the super-OP bits got tapped, but it's otherwise looking fine!

7. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Run tinderbox x2

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. Cinder405

Also I think Emberwasp is x2. Equip those sucksers with tinderbox and you got a self healing nuker because of Volatility and Fire Acolyte. Also Fire Aura rank three is great.

Another good combo is to equip an Imp Faniliar with tinderbox. Flame Charge is a good damage booster but does 5 DMG to imp with each trigger. With Fire Acolyte from Tinderbox it stays alive because it will heal with each fire attack. Also more life equals more Imps to split.

Red Tipped raptors are also great with FlameBurst. Combo them with Flame Charge from Imp and boy will you wreck.

ALWAYS run x1 Calignous Cauldron for dealing with champs with fire immunity.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Cinder405

Demonlich is also an auto include because it's magic damage and synergy with fire.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I mostly play FW but some time ago i started to play SP electricity bg and it has been fun.I dont like stuff outside FW but i like elements so i decided to give UD fire a go.
    As soon as i do some grinding i am gonna buy an UD avatar and try to get some exos and put toghther a bg.

Cinder405 likes this.
  11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So I just went through some of the Fire/Lava champs and they pretty much don't function unless they have Fire Eater, Lavawalker, Immunity: Fire, etc.

What if UD Fire theme got a sort of thematic ability? There could be like 2-3 new abilities that give something, Lava Storm and Fire Eater, for a discount.

Another approach could be removing Fire Eater/Immunity and giving abilities like Lava Front, Lavawalker. Terraform: Lava has Lavawalker built in.

Just some suggestions I came up with while skimming the champs.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think its fine and people just need to spend more time playing and trying out stuff.I always felt that UD players stick too much to meta/the norm rather then exploring potential stuff.

13. Cinder405

The BG I play is pretty competive but it takrs time to master it. Hell I haven't mastered it yet. I'll post my fire BG when I get a Chance

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Lava theme of UD fire could get some love for sure since it's undeveloped.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

The problem is its much more difficult to balance from the devs perspective then other terrains, since it can itself kill.

16. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I run lava. It works wonders. You don't need fire amplify for it to function. Focus more on setting down lava, and knockbacks. Also sometimes this can happen.

[​IMG]

17. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

I'd just fq at that point, no way there's enough time on the timer to do what needs to be done each turn.