IS<FW

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I used to use holy mace, but now the void just does everything, everything that manipulates our weaknesses, but healing works on them now though, if they don't use anti healing that is.

2. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Yeah... no. Your the only one complaining about this, and your thread title claims your entire faction is worse then another entire faction. That's an obvious sign of someone insanely biased towards thinking their faction is horrible.
    This is the third time I'm posting this exact response, btw-
    You think your faction is so horrible? Well guess what? So do five other people. Yeah, five other people have made threads saying their factions are horrible this expansion. FW is far better then IS? Well they all think IS is far better then their factions. What's your response to them? I'm right your wrong?
    Heres an idea- instead of just complaining about how bad your faction is because you keep losing, how about you go to these other peoples threads and ask them what their weaknesses are? Clearly *all* of them think your faction is OP compared to theirs, so why not go and ask them why they think that? And, to entice them to reveal their weaknesses, you reveal yours. The only negative to this is that you might have to admit your wrong. Thats the *only* negative. Otherwise there are tons of positives in that you'll become a better player.

Also, btw, no rune changes or possibilities of changes have come out of those five threads. So there's little chance you'll fix your problem this way anyway. Might as well try something that has a chance of helping.

3. DrakeArron

And before you say, "but I'm only claiming *FW* is far better then my faction!" go back to my comment about the five other threads. If five other people think their factions are also worse then yours, then isn't reasonable that the same thing should be done to *your* faction? That it be nerfed down to their level, or their factions be buffed to your level? Or, again, are you just going to say to them "I'm right you're wrong!" ?

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I
    S

I
    S

O
    P

5. Anotherblackman

I spent about what... 2-3 hours in game asking multiple people how to beat FW with IS, and they all gave me the same dry ass response, Switch factions or make your decks worse. or my favorite response, "dude git gud cuz you bad"

Right...

So other than the garbage you spewed about ME, what do you say for the topic sir?

Like I said I used to go straight to Firking holy mace BUT the difference between this era and the other eras where FW was mind numbing that HUNTER was *****. with no lube.

I could make any unit into a maytr and craft those equipments back up and get back into it.

This is an old stratagy, so tell me, what can IS do vs A spam hp theme like skeletons in a faction built like FW with a unstoppable late game.

6. DrakeArron

Also what exactly is "void?" I've looked on the checklist and only one champ shows up as having void in its name in FW, the voidhowler, which I can tell you is most certainly no where near auto include in FW. If you mean an ability, I've looked on poxbase and the only FW rune with a void ability is, again, howler. Poxbase hasn't been updated but as far as I know no rune as gained a void ability and no runes added in the last two expansions have one.

By "void" do you mean... DMZ? As in, dead magic zone? Because again, I have seen no one complain about it as far as I'm aware- no one. At least, not enough to make a thread. And I'm sure plenty of FW players would be happy to tell you about the counters to it. If your having trouble equipping holy mace because of it, theres a very simple counter- equip it on your champ *before* it enters the DMZ. It's pretty rare that an FW player is able to get DMZ into your own deployment zone, and if they do they were going to contest the zone next turn or are pretty close to defeating you anyway.

Wether it's an ignorance of what exactly your complaining about (which certainly doesn't assist you in proving you know what your talking about), or calling for a nerf on a rune that isn't anywhere near autoinclude when you claim it makes all of FW better then all of IS (again, doesn't help your position), your not making a good argument at all, even if you put aside my original counterpoints to you.

7. Anotherblackman

K thx bai

8. DrakeArron

Well, thats on them. But again, *what* exactly are your problems? Your not stating them. Your just saying "all of FW is better then IS"... that isn't true. Give specific problems. Hunter being bad isn't one- as has been stated by the devs, it was incredibly situational. Only one hunter ability was ever actually run- if your entire BG relied on that one hunter ability, thats on you.
    And what are you talking about with 'those equipments'? Your entire faction doesn't revolve around specific equipments. Perhaps they just don't work in this meta anymore.
    And have you even though of asking your own faction how to beat FW? Instead of just imediately claiming FW is OP? These forums are far different then the in game chat.

9. DrakeArron

So, you have a profile post saying how there are horrible counter arguments... and your counter argument is telling me I'm nonsense and "k thanks by"? Thats only relevant if I'm being illogical or insulting. I was neither. I made a simple statement. Either you think void is voidhowler, which is blatently not OP, or you think void is DMZ, which no one has made a thread about and which I gave you a direct counter for.

10. Anotherblackman

What do you think this is you duper dome?

OH wait markoth replied he said ISisOP... great Firking advice right?

11. Anotherblackman

So basically you think FW is beatable late game realistically?

I need your opinion so I can see how serious these responses truly are and if you are just "trying your best to respond"

cause so far, yes what you are spewing is nonsense already acquired by a veteran and honestly common sense.

thing about is, you could turtle all you want vs FW, you will get laughed at.

You can rush FW you will get laughed at.

You get rushed by fw, all you do is pray they suck so you can laugh at them.

Thing about it though, its very VERY very hard to suck with FW these days unless your just sokolov.

12. DrakeArron

I'm not a good enough player to give good advice. But I know from the fact that your the only one makeing this claim, even in your own faction, that it's false. If it were true, litterally everyone would be complaining about it.
    If this is all obvious, then why haven't you done it? You didn't *ask* for help, you *stated* FW is OP. Which happens to be why Markoth stated IS is OP... because while I've seen five of these threads, him as a veteran has likely seen doezens. and we're sick of them.
    Also, BTW, Markoth is an IS player, and a well known one. Also pretty good as far as I know. The fact that hes makeing a joking remark in this thread means he doesn't believe you... and you seem to believe him that he doesn't think IS needs buffs. So... if not only is no one else complaining, but a better IS player then you (and he is better because he can beat FW) also thinks your false... the reasonable conclusion is that your viewpoint is incorrect.

Again, complaining that no one is giving advice? Well, that would be because of your tone. I mean, just the title of your thread, "IS < FW". Most people on these forums if they don't want a toxic argument have learned to avoid threads like that at all cost. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them ignore the poster the instant they see the thread... because claiming your faction is horrible is, generally, a sign of a toxic person. (and saying "k thnx by" is a sign of that too).
    You want people to actually give you advice, instead of just agreeing with you that IS is under powered? then *make* a thread asking for advice, and you'll get advice. If you've read these forums at all you'd know thats what you get here- I don't know of a single person who, assuming they were polite, asked for advice here and got toxic or snarky replies back. If they did, the single person who made said reply is generally shunned or ignored by anyone else who posts on that thread.
    I don't know what your IG chat conversations were like, but they are not representative of the forums. Generally people feel safe acting like a **** there because they aren't moderated well or at all- hell, many of the most toxic players there don't even appear on these forums once in a year. However, if you opened those conversations like the way you opened this one, by claiming whatever is beating you is just OP, then I garuntee you no one would have responded except people who wanted to make a comeback.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What deck you playin atm?

DrakeArron likes this.
  14. DrakeArron

Incidentally, markoth in all likelyhood didn't neccesarily make that post to piss you off. "IS is OP" is a running joke on these forums, because at one point or another the claim that it was was joking or ridiculous enough to be immortalized into our own personal meme... now it's a common joke response to pretty much anything that calls anything OP. I actually thought it was a serious statement for a long time to.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Jabby is aware he is an old time vet.

16. DrakeArron

I wasn't sure. He's made very few comments in his time on the forums here, and due to his demeanor in assuming the forums wouldn't give advice I'd think it would be safe to assume he hasn't read the forums enough to know about an in- joke such as that.
    Apologies if I was incorrect though.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Iajabababoo is just mad he's bad.

18. Anotherblackman

Are you actually gonna give me a deck that doesn't lose to FW skeleton bullshit or nah?

Cause Im sick of FW(and IS also for some reason now) telling to l2p when they stick 75 hp guys in my face with 5 defense, and calcify and bone fracture while a xulos is just chillen in the background getting fat and big af so he can just point and click all my guys away from 50% of their health.

How do you learn to play against that when they essence drain anything for a kill.

Anything in front of IS is shredded to pieces by losing 25-35 hp from that spell alone.

Then factor in stuff like gift sabotage and how effective this unit is you will see there are major deficiencies in power that holy mace used to be the" joke rune" to fill those widening discrepancies with pure rival faction hate (2x of the most OP crap you can get vs them) is no longer a tactic since that mechanic was murdered recently as well.

I used to just run constructs and have siege engine carry me with that equipment, that is NO LONGER CAPABLE Though.

So now its basically ****ed up.

Help, please stop the stupid as Firk torment. If you can't just be like "this is what IS has that can stop a super strong af xulos and serkan while preventing that skeleton tank with 75 hp from completely wrecking you" then at least give me at the very least a reach around to their side so I can understand when FW is "vulnerable" outside of a 1 turn window where serkan is unprotected by death guard.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Try grints. They naturally do well in attrition games which is how FW always tries to play. With Magnificents and Rock Collection you can have 4 Rock Barrage champs out meaning you can gib just as hard if not more regularly. Only downside is your games will likely go over an hour which some people dont enjoy.

darklord48 likes this.
  20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

If your only answer for FW was Holy Mace then i don't think FW's power level is the problem :rolleyes:

DrakeArron likes this.