IS<FW

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, Aug 18, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What's your reason for the low skill level?

2. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Enemy whips out a super champ with an equip and spell buffs and the works?

Doom it. Congrats you win the game.

3. themacca

Always an intelligent thing to use a super champ with out targeted spell protection

4. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I mean, yeah. If you can easily negate what's going to lose you the game, you might as well do it. Then you have time for a more interesting strategy.

Drown, one of the most similar spells to Doom could be said to require strategy. I say no. "Oh look, you're in water. Drown." Doom has more counters and ways to minimize its effects, Drown you just have to hope that you have a champion that can't be targeted (avoiding the water isn't valid, if they're using Drown, you WILL be in water).

Just for clarification, I don't use Doom. But I do use Drown.

5. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

Except drown not only requires water, it also costs 80 nora, doesn't work on flying, 2x2, amphibious, and is equally nullified by "targeted spell protection." You can't just ignore the water requirement, if you don't leave your guy standing in water, then the drowner has to generate water some way, often spending even more nora on a water gen spell. drown getting blocked is a far more devastating hit to take then having doom blocked, both because it costs almost double the nora and has a way longer cooldown. Yea, doom has counters, like divinities touch... Which costs more and has a longer cd than doom...

That said, I play mostly FS and still think drown is dumb. Neither doom nor drown should exist imo. But people try and make it sound like doom is no where near as good and I just don't see it.

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I guess I see your point, I've just always felt like Drown was a "big-bad" among spells, probably because of "Look at that high nora cost! It must be the most overpowered thing EVAH!" Which is a mistake on my part.

In regards to Doom, I am a little confused as to why it's so cheap. It should be like, 60-70 Nora minimum. Especially since it can't be Cleansed. If it COULD be Cleansed, I'd say put it at 60 Nora exactly.

Drown could stand to be more like 70-75 Nora, and actually be able to target 2x2 (why????????).

Does that seem at all reasonable (as we can safely assume removing them won't happen)?

7. themacca

45 nora is actually quite a lot for a backloaded effect if you check other backloaded spells they're all around the 25-35 nora level for example pilgrimage is only 25.

So when your opponent casts doom they're out 45 nora and you have a unit who you can just go ham with and any resources your opponent needs to spend in order to slow it down or avoid it are also a waste. This is what players like compost fail to understand when they say it's of no consequence to cast it but if your not in the position to withstand 3 rounds of rushdown (which can be hard for fw) it can very well lose you the game.

Drown is 80 nora because it's an instant kill and that will always be strong the only reason it has so many limitations is just to try and hold it back even the slightest bit

SireofSuns likes this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I dont think either are no skill.