Is it a teenager thing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cydna, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

One could argue that the one following orders is actually far closer to a sheep than someone doing what he himself thinks ...

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Unless he actually trusts those giving the orders.

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

take this in whatever way you want

I just don't like the life of a normal person. wake up, go to work, hate your boss, go home, few hours of self time, go to sleep, rinse repeat. Sheep is probably not the right word, more like busy bee work. Firk that bs. not for me man. only normal job I could probably stand is construction or fire fighter

Sure military probably won't be too far off, but I get a gun and I get to fight for my life with people I can call brothers in arms and hopefully a commanding officer I respect and look up to.

Might sound super edgy (Firk do I care), but I also just want to know what it's like to actually fight and kill (idc boozha). Think of it what you will, I consider myself a decent human being in the respect I'm curious and nice to everyone I meet unless you are an ******* for no reason.

Always been my dream to join the service

Always been my dream to fight and kill

Always been my dream to die fighting

Cydna likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Meatman pretty much summed it up.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

what branch you going into? and what were you looking to do?

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Army or air force. But I haven't done research on what I want to do yet.

7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

if you wanted to fight then I suggest something in the army since you can pick just about anything if you're smart enough. Air force is nicknamed chairforce to some. unless you fly planes and Bane Shift, that's wicked stuff. Course you do have to be really smart for airforce, just less action, plus you aren't guaranteed your job that you pick when joining.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'd say I'm smart enough to get a good job. I just have no idea what I want to do. I want to do something badass/important.

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

heh, I like it. I'm going for Army Rangers, pretty badass dudes and important work. Wish airborne still dived out of planes to swarm a location though. still some time for you to find your calling though, hope you keep with it.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Being in the Green Beret would be cool.

11. Boozha

I left that romanticism behind when I was twelve or so. I share your concerns about spending my life being a cog in a machine, but being a soldier is no different, mind you. My solution would be working freelance, perhaps as an author. I'd like to be a writer, but I don't think I'll ever get around to it. So right now I am aspiring to be a scientist; someone going paths nobody has gone before, exploring nature in unknown ways and creating wonders from it. Sounds more exiting than letting someone yell at me and having to say what he does, no matter what. Thinking for myself, serving my own ideals, not those of a country or an army or an officer. Living my own dream, not one prefabricated.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

J.R.R. Tolkien

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

No real way to not be a cog in someone's machine, sheep was the wrong word for it. I too wish to continue on the path of a military career, maybe lead my own squad or something.

I like to break things to learn how they work.

@Covah pretty important work there, smart mother Firkers that teach others how to work like they do. no real fighting but 10 guys in the berets can teach 100 more each to fight a larger force. Important and very badass imo.

13. Boozha

And you have no problem with the thing you break being another human like you, with thoughts, dreams and fears like yours, who might have been you had you been swapped at birth?

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

None at all, I understand the whole "what if you were in their shoes" thing, I truly do man. If someone ends up down my sights, they've chosen to be their for their respective reasons, and I respect them for it. But they do not have my mercy for this action because I am there to fight.

No remorse for someone trying to kill me. If they are there because of something my superiors have done, so be it. I trust my superiors to point me at the true enemies. ISIS for example since they're so popular. I would have no problem fighting them. Some soldiers from russia? Firk those ruskies. I'll fight them all day for the fun of it given the chance. Doesn't matter to me what flag you walk under, long as you carry a weapon and the intent to harm me and my own, I have no problem shooting back, even if you shoot because my people shot first.

I get that germans must dislike the whole military thing, but it's different mindsets, that's all there is to it. If you were swapped with me at birth then maybe you would understand a bit better.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Seems weird, but I want to start the Military Brat trend in my family.

16. Boozha

To be absolutely frank, that sounds NO better than what the Nazis did. You are saying that you would support wars of aggression. You are saying that you would kill people defending their homeland, their way of life, their family, just because you trust someone pointing you in their direction that they threaten your country, and if they are farmer boys that picked up muskets to defend their country. How can you want to be such a mindless drone? It is the fault of people that think like you that the Redcoats fought in the US instead of thinking "hey, maybe we should let the colonies determine their own politics", that the Nazis invaded other countries instead of saying "perhaps rolling over thousands of Russians fighting to save their country is a bit rude", that the US soldiers fighting in Vietnam killed, burned and poisoned their way through a large part of the country, killing millions and maiming further millions, instead of saying "don't we want to determine our way of life at home for ourselves aswell - maybe granting that right to other humans wouldn't be such a terrible idea"?

Why are you so ready to kill people without ever thinking about why they fight, without ever taking a minute to find the reason they are now ready to die for their cause? Maybe their cause isn't that terrible and you shouldn't be stymieing it? Instead of granting liberty for all, you are willing to take it away because you were told to; instead of granting the justice for all you are willing to kill without justification or reasoning. You want to blindly trust your superiors, which, in itself, is a terrible thing - a human has a mind of his own, and if you don't use it you are wasting what you are, you are degrading yourself into a soulless robot far beyond the honor you aspire. And further, who do you think do your superiors heed? Ultimately the people telling you to go, kill and die are politicians, and in extension businessmen influencing those politicians. Do not fall for the nationalist stucco that thinly masks the business interests behind war - ultimately you will be killing and dying for the gain of greedy people, not for the defense of your country or its ideals.

As for your argument regarding our different mindsets - maybe you should give your mindset a long hard look and try to find out whether its actually any good, because, as I pointed out, it leads nowhere good and to no place that your founding fathers would have wanted. When your mindset leads to uneccessary death and suffering, maybe you are just wrong.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It takes courage to do what you really want to do. If you do this, you'll be happy and depression will never have a place to grab hold. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy, nothing except whining about not being able to do what you really want to is easy. And there are plenty of those types, even some in this thread. Don't be accustomed or resigned to failure as they are. We all fail, just keep your eyes on you're goal and minimize that failure into a small bump in a very long road.

Those giving up and not following their dream are like minnows in a bucket.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

there is too much text and I have lost interest in the finer details of your lives.

[​IMG]

19. Boozha

Yes, live your dream; if you wish to be a psychopath skinning people alive and eating their writhing entrails do so, you'll be happy and depression will never have a place to grab hold. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy, nothing except whining about not being able to do what you really want to is easy. And there are plenty of those types, even some in this thread. Don't be accustomed or resigned to failure as they are. We all fail, just keep your eyes on you're goal and minimize that failure into a small bump in a very long road.

Those giving up and not following their dream are like minnows in a bucket.

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Anime? Must know.