Is it not time for a Human racial.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Firk, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

I was thinking along the linces of empathy, compassion, adaption.

Or another idea is to subrace humans we allready have Barbarians as a subrace.

Paladin humans could be called educated?

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

We should really just get rid of racials all together and focus on design that gives each race a place with in the overall factions. DOG was doing this in void rim when I was playing that game and talking to them.

Barbarian should simply be a class based mechanic much like CTE/paladin effects.It opens it up for barbarian dwarfs bring the whole dwarf flavor to mix in with the class flare to spice up a deck. Same with construct paladins if you so wanted and so on.

Race/Class could mean a whole lot more in a game like this then simple racials which lead to stale decks and shoebox more runes faster then decks based on other mechanics or themes with out such narrow inclusion criteria

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Rapidice likes this.
  3. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Yes that works to. But i think alott of players would be mighty uppset if youremoved there racial. ei Imps and Yetis and so on

also i love your Avatar of Talos

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  4. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Lots of problems and powercreep arise when you splash a racial into every unit. Just look all the problems of balancing that Boon of the Undead and Arctic bring, just because they are splashed into almost every FW or ST rune.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  5. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I dont know who that is... I typed in Painted one/celtic warrior...so who is it? A god from elder scrolls or warhammer?

As far as removing peoples racials, it wouldn't be a simple feat by any means. It would require a champ review for each rune AND a theme review for creating actual synergy which currently relies on racials for a lot of themes. If we look at Ghern/moga we can see a very clear picture of racials being a overly controlling mechanic that could better suit the theme if they broke it apart into thematic and relevant abilities. If some moga had ghern bound( some ghern have overseer) with others having unleash, motivate, sustain, sacrifice etc etc to create a organic dependence on the 2 races for each others effectiveness instead of such a dull theme restriction we have now.

6. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

7. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

You would be correct. It is not time.

8. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Humans get themselves a racial after accepting the blessings of the dragon gods and becoming proper upstanding citizens of the Sundered Lands.

Until then, no, no racial for you unevolved misbegotten creatures.