Is it pointless for new players to do pvp?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Jan 21, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well if you force them to transmute they are no producing far less nora then before, so it still comes with an advantage

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Unfortunately with pox you need to take a massive amount of losses in PvP in order to improve. This happened to everyone when they first began, you just need to try and not worry too much about losing or how aggravating it can be and just try to focus on improvement.

Hopefully the PS4 launch will sort that out because their will be an influx of new players and instead of new players matching old vets they should (hopefully) match people in the same boat.

Also a little random side note because you mentioned avatars, I think avatars should be unlocked from the get go, fully levelled and free.

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  3. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah. Having any sort of uneven playing field in any online game, no matter how minor, is never good. But I guess ill just have to save up and invest in one and hold off on buying card packs for a while

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

They are very easy to get though. Its the same as some people having different runes to you.

5. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not necessarily. It is more akin a player being aloud to have 30 runes and you can only have 25. Its a small thing but they still have something you don't. If each player has a 30 rune bg, its up to them to make good choices on their runes. And in the case of runes you can always trade or poxbox to get what you want. Avatars you can't shard for, no one can trade them to you, and even when you get one you are at a disadvantage as you have a low level avatar opposed to the maxed out ones everyone else has

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

An avatar costs 5k gold. You can get that in a single day through heroic achievements.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes it is pointless to start off in ranked, observe games for a while or your win to loss ratio will always be bad from when you originally started. If you don't care about w/l ratio or are naturally gifted at games like pox then have at it my friend.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Meh, it's really not, especially if you don't invest in the proper runes, which happens from getting cards in packs then collecting a weak theme.

That being said, this topic is whiny