Is it worth playing on ps4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beruge, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Beruge

Beruge I need me some PIE!

Hey

So i had my ps4 account for sometime now and i first discovered pox when it came to ps4

But the more i play the more i start thinking i chose the wrong platform.

Its really nice for me to sit in my chair with my controller while i play and i spent abit on different stuff in the store to have a decent amount of runes.

but the downside is majorly;

- Client glitches out at times, making me unable to place out champions or spells. (The only solution is a client restart)
    - I can't trade runes (not that i have much worthwile of trading, but it stil a big thing)
    - The is no log of what has been deployed like spells, equipment and relics. (This is a big issue as a new player as i can't see wich spells was used, i have to look around on all the different champions to see what buffs they got - this is really hard for a new player)
    - There is no chat. (This is a problem since i am not able to get helpful tips outside of the forum).
    - In general the ps4 controller is abit slower than a computer mouse, and sometimes i spend quiet abit of time just clicking the correct unit.

I already spent quiet abit on getting runes, and starting over on PC means i would have to spend more to get where i was in the first place.

What do you guys suggest?

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Hm, I thought the accounts were the same for PS and PC. Well, if you want to have the runes you have gained you can just trade them to yourself.

3. Beruge

I don't think they are the same as far as i know. And there is no option for rune trading.

4. Klaud

Klaud The King of Potatoes

Hi Beruge,

Just my own personal experiences here - I prefer the PC to the PS4 by a good margin. I have tried on both platforms but the PS4 controls are a bit too finicky and not as effective as I would like them to be.

I feel a lot more in control when playing on PC and that I have a better overview, it is also considerably easier to manage runes etc. Due to Rune Trading it is easier to build decks, but you are only really missing out on limited edition runes as most deck building is done via the Rune Forge these days to be honest.

I have a massive rune library and have migrated this from PC to PS4 so that is my no loss perspective keep in mind. PS4 to PC is not possible, unfortunately.

This is all subjective but if we take effort already invested out of the equation I would pick PC over PS4 in a heartbeat. It all depends on how much you value your rune library!

All in all if you want to switch to PC you are better off doing it sooner rather than later. If you buy some runes and would rather go back to PS4 - correct me if I am wrong - you can link your PC account for the time being to your PS4 account and get your PC purchased runes on your PS4 account if this is previously unlinked. If you have already linked your PC account you cannot do this.

5. Beruge

Thats really helpful. I am gonna play on PC from now on i think.

6. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

This is ridiculous. You have to have two separate accounts for the same game on separate platforms?! No wonder PS4 players are dwindling. FIX the damn client and make it possible to link your runes. Nobody wants to pay twice for something. Horrible tactic.

Varthas likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sony made it that way. A one time transfer from PC to PSN was allowed originally.

super71 likes this.
  8. PoxAurora

PoxAurora The King of Potatoes

If I had to make a guess I'd say this is outside of Pox's control, and is more likely a Sony mandated thing.

super71 and Etherielin like this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It is.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What's it's starting to seem like is the owls are totally *****es of sony, as I expected. All i've seen lately is " that's out of our control" or "we can't tell you yet for contract reasons" this is exactly what I feared when I saw sony was involved again. More of the same, and a bad decision getting into bed with anything sony related again.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The indie company is at the mercy of the international corporation whose network the smaller company wants to use? Why are you surprised?

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I shouldn't be, but they shouldn't have sold out. I'm grateful pox has been giving "new life" some what, but I also would have been totally fine with it fading away on it's own terms. Unless a pox 2.0 is planned, then this was a Bane Shift situation.

13. Klaud

Klaud The King of Potatoes

I don't see how this changes anything for PC players to be honest, outside of introducing more people to the game. I think it was a good move - ideally it would have moved to iOS/Android to reach a gargantuan audience but as the source code is Java based this is pretty much not going to happen. If I remember correctly, the irony is that Pox was originally developed in Java for a future transition to mobile platforms.

14. Beruge

I mean, i think pox is doing a good job with the possibilities they have. And the chance on going for ps4 atleast recruited me. But sony gave them a shitty deal and thats shameful. But in life you take chances, and companies has to the same, maybe it was wrong, maybe it was right. Atleast they tried.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Etherielin and Makorov like this.
  15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Ps4 and vita were meme projects to steal funding for the new client and to create marketing for the PC. They likely only got the deal because it has been in the works since the SOE

16. Jbafofi

Jbafofi The King of Potatoes

I play on ps4 and the only thing i'm Jonesing for is the combat log.

Oh and fix the single player side of the game, it's a mess!

17. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s not worth it. Switch to PC or Mac

18. Beruge

I have to draw a line there, PC: OK!, ps4: OK!, Nintendo 64: OK!, gameboy: Ok!. But MAC gtfo

MaruXV likes this.
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i like this guy

20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Mac make remarkably splendid raincoats. I purchased such last Monday.

MaruXV likes this.