Is KF op?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Orubus, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

lot of talk about kf being op in game, are they?

2. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

extremely

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

>.>
    Firk you guys.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

No. Illusions should be nerfed, pounce should be fixed and centaur banner should be tapped. Think those are the only real stand out runes.

Edit: Autocorrected nerfed to needed.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

How to deal with illusions:
    Illusion of Lies spawns on friendly deploys only and cannot spawn more than one illusion per turn.
    Bugs regarding new leaps get fixed.

How to deal with Centaur Banner:
    +5 nora cost, it was good at 30 nora, at 25 nora it's insane.

As for the OP:
    @Orubus Keep in mind we're talking about the same people, who suggested that Drain Vitality should become AoE 2 for the buff portion of the spell (which would throw it straight into the dumpster) and who claim Elven Prodigy is OP, while sitting in the range of Blindfire vs a 10/11-damage champ, who can perform an attack only once every 3 turns for 50-80% of her damage (so 5, 7 or 8 damage - why 7? Pox rounds 6.5 up). I wouldn't pay too much attention to their words.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

That would hardly solve the problem. Imo the most problematic thing about illusions is probably deception and them being able to deploy relics. Illusion of Lies can be delt with the way it works right now.

7. Tweek516

Illusion of lies is broken right now, and has been broken for a long time. Deception should also get fixed.

I think @Etherielin 's suggestion is pretty good.

The relic thing is super long term, and not a viable fix right now.

8. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Illusion of Lies can be controlled by your enemies. If I start with a strong board and manage to kill the illusions it created I can maintain the board w/o the continuous rain of illusions deception provides. An early deception draw will most likely mean your enemy will have to play down one or more fonts and that is the main problem...

9. Tweek516

Well yeah I guess it's controlled by you, but you can't really play around it at all.

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

illusion of lies is one of the most op abilities in the game....so yeah

11. Etherielin

Do you think my idea would solve it or do you think it should be approached differently?

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

healing is nerfed every where but kf.

13. Tweek516

Eh? Sok nerfed abilities rather than specific runes. Everywhere got hit.

Etherielin likes this.
  14. Etherielin

Incorrect - healing was nerfed globally, which means it affected KF as well. If there's something you want to point out as being OP in particular in terms of healing in KF, be my guest.

15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

you know what runes do what. all this divine favor, heal mass, magic acolyte, empathy relic flowers going on. disgusting. ya'll even using g-mirror. do not play dumb.

16. Tweek516

What relevance does Grimlic's Mirror have?

You think bloom is OP?

Acolyte has been nerfed. Also, not specific to KF.

All this divine favour and heal mass? Please specify.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

No other faction actually LOST its healing. So that applies to the others too.

Secondly i think the decks that heavy focus on illusions are the closest thing to a problem right now in KF outside of that i don't see any issue. Making it so only one instance of illusion of lies works at a time is probably the best solution. You can deal with one elven illusionist but not 2.

Grimlic of k'thir might be a bit much too though that's a very isolated problem

18. Etherielin

The only person running grimlic's mirror is theRed.
    Karmavore and theRed run DF champions. Karma and Gemma run the catharsis bloom relic.
    Divine Favour is on Avenging Angel, Elven Page, Spirit of Endurance, Aurora Lancer and Epochal Sage. TheRed is the only one running both Angels, while Page sometimes gets added to different decks, but is still commonly unseen.
    Empathy is on 3 champs: Elven Tender, Bliss and Vashal Vicar. Bliss hasn't been run for a good while, Vicar is in Vashals only, Tender is run in Archers and sometimes in Elves and nobody runs Elves. I am the only person running archers AFAIK.
    Heal Mass is on Tender, Elven Bard, Bloomwalker, Grim'thir and Menalaus. Only Bard is a meta champ because of her combination of abilities. Grim'thir and Mena don't run heal mass without costing 100+ nora. Tender I've already explained.
    Magic acolyte is strictly a magic amp thing. You won't find it outside of that theme. Some people might choose it on a wisp in Fae but that's about it.

Look, pointing fingers without being precise won't earn you a valid response in general. I gave you answers to the things you pointed out. The original point of mine still remains though.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Actually grimthir is like 96 nora with heal mass 3 and nova 1

20. Etherielin

Can't tell, don't have him. Clearly someone needs to give him to me. (kidding)