[IS/KF Theme Concept] - The Choir

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Markoth, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The Choir is an attempt at making Angels work as an IS/KF theme. While not quite as fragile as Fae, the Choir are relitively weak defensively. They utilize a new set of abilities called Rhythms that grant certain abilities to other Angels. The catch is that the Choir can only ever have one Rhythm playing at a time. As soon as a new one is used it overrides the others.

Etherielin, Woffleet and 19madfox95 like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Choir Cherub

Art: A small fat cherub with a relatively large drum with wings entirely too small to logically allow flight. The angel flys anyway.

Faction: IS/KF
    Race: Angel
    Class: Bard
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Size: 1x1

Flavor Text:

Cost: 69
    Dmg: 9
    Rng: 1-2
    Spd: 6
    Def: 1
    Hp: 45

Abilities-
    Attack: Sonic
    Flight
    Rhythm: Drum - [AP: 2, CD: 3] - This champion and champions that share a race with it gain Tempo for 4 turns or until a different Rhythm is used.

U1-
    Distracting Blows - (Default)
    Ponderous Blows- (+0 Nora)

U2-
    Amplify Sonic - (Default)
    Grant: Sonic Aura - (+0 Nora)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choir Harpist

Art:

Faction: IS/KF
    Rarity: Common

Flavor Text:

Cost:
    Dmg: 10
    Rng: 2-4
    Spd: 6
    Def: 0
    Hp: 42

Abilities-
    Attack: Sonic
    Flight
    Rhythm: Harp - [AP: 2, CD: 3] - This champion and champions that share a race with it gain Empathy for 6 turns or until a different Rhythm is used. - 5

U1-
    Soothing Serenade
    Demoralizing Descant

U2-
    Phase Shift
    Ethereal
    Vaporize

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Reserved Post for 2nd wave of champs.

19madfox95 likes this.
  4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Reserved post for Spells, Equips and Relics.

19madfox95 likes this.
  5. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

the mechanic and playstyle should fit into split theme bonus like all other split themes do (i think?)
    Oh and the rythms could be constant and make them adapt against certain decks? not for 4 turns, what do you think?

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

My main reason for the duration is that I want the theme to play by using multiple Rhythms throughout a game. Otherwise players will identify some Rhythms as being better than others and only use those ones. Having a duration attached means that players will have to switch between them.

19madfox95 likes this.
  7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Love this idea! Maybe a power turn spell that allows multiple rhythms to be used at once?

Looking forward to seeing more runes!

8. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Intresting, so its mechanic is a version of Sigil which i like alot but find weak compaired to all permanent global buffs. Think that rythm as an ability with cooldown is much more powerful/useful then Sigil triggering on deployment.
    The drummer should maybe be immobile while playing, like Sermon on Northern Cross cardianal?

Tempo changing abilities, inspired by the italian mucial terms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_musical_terms_used_in_English#Tempo
    Largo - enemy speed is reduced to 5 (ok same as speed trap spell)
    Alla Marcia - Friendly champs get mobility/mountaineer (hmm if all angels can fly i guess mobility)
    Prestissimo - Friendly champs get +2spd

Looking forward to more intresting runes/abilities

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'm bumping this for you, @Markoth - also got an idea of mine based on the Muse angel from Creature Quest:

Herald of Tranquility

[​IMG][​IMG]

Faction:
    KF/IS
    Rarity: Exotic
    Flavor Text: "Her word is peace, her notes a soothing balsam." - Bliss, the Muse.

Nora Cost: 70-80
    DMG: 8
    RNG 2-4
    SPD: 6
    DEF: 0

HP: 44

Abilities:
    Attack: Sonic/Psychic
    Flight
    Rhytm: Tranquility - [AP: 5, CD: 5] - This champion and champions that share a race with it gain Mindwipe Aura 1 for 4 turns or until another Rhytm: X ability is used.
    Soothing Serenade

U1:
    Distracting Blows
    Confuse
    Enduring Aura 3

U2:
    Amplify: Sonic
    Amplify: Psychic
    Empathy

Will edit this later.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

She actually looks similar to the Harpist that I have done at home. Ill post her when I get back so we can compare.

11. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I really like the concept behind this theme. Also fixs nicely into the model that's already present within the two factions. Great work! How do you envision the them playing? Will it be like Kanen where you have 4-5 alphas or in this case rythym runes with the rest just being regular angels. Will this theme work like mirefolk where you time your deploys to recieve the specific buff you need.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Love this.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just wait till I get to the badass madmax-esque blindfolded angel with the electric guitar that just doesn't bother playing but just uses it as a melee weapon.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  14. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

This is too strong. Having every friendly champion gain Mindwipe Aura for 4 turns is too aggressive. With 2 of these out plus 2 Reclaims, you could take an offensive for 6 turns or more.