IS Meta Deck

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Markoth, Jun 30, 2015.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i actually didnt til yesterday as well haha

2. izmocat

izmocat The King of Potatoes

could we get some updated bgs on here? preferably dwarfs, barbs, pallys

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 4.24.12 p.m..png

Doing well with this Bg 21-1 so far, but most importantly I'm having fun with it. Too many nerfs to Dwarfs hurt the theme so haven't been bothered with that, don't really like where the Paladin theme is at the moment either. Judging from what Ive seen from other players I'd say Barbarians are probably our strongest BG right now.

ssez and doubtofbuddha like this.
  4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So barbs > constructs > mixed meta > grintmaws > paladins > dwarves?

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

My goodstuff BG is outdated and I haven't used it in a while but good stuff is usually the best or second best.

Barbs > Strux > Dwarfs/Paladins > Grints

6. Axeraiser

Meta is still stronger than Structs, and Dwarfs or Paladins are definitely easier to play than Structs as well.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I completely agree.

The thing I like about Strux is that if you know how to, you can play font down and an uphill battle and win. Paladins don't really have that type pull back and regroup type of feeling.

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Men, what they nerfed in dwarf?

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Carouse got double nerfed, it costs 1 ap and it has a CD of 2.

Semmirs brew only gives Violent to melee dwarfs

Maeck (Legendary dwarf) his signature ability got nerfed

Keg Toss got nerfed

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

they nerfed maeck? I notice now this kegtoss nerf, it's a bomb...wow.... And the semmirs brew change is stupid.

yeah they nerfed dwarf, and all this happened in a month?

11. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Isn't Reticulated Splinehawk good enough to see play?

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The only reason it sees play at all is for earth golem shenanigans. as a rune on it's own it's pretty garbage

13. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

It cuts of Dwarf Driven as well, I faced a BG using this trick and found a really good try

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  14. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

But can be usable on enemies again.

I don't remember. What changed on this? I can't find evidence of a change.

15. Sokolov

I don't know. Many of the nerf cries have gone, but the ability got nerf cried hard initially for awhile, even outside of the Earth Golem interaction, and I still get complaints about it every so often even now.

It's true, the champ itself isn't good, but that makes sense when it has 14 nora in an ability that benefits some other champion.

16. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Splinehawk seems fine. It has its niche and will be sometimes used to fulfill a specific role but isn't going to be an all the time sort of rune. Though, tbh I have been leaning away from using the splinehawk/earth golem interaction simply because of the fact that it makes the deck a little too draw constrained for my tastes.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I might be mistaken, but I believe the ability timer reset every time a dwarf was attacked.

18. Sokolov

Still does.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Derp.

My bad I was reading it wrong.

20. Axeraiser

Maeck losing Regal Presence and Violent being removed from range and the hard nerfs to Keg Toss were enough to see the theme go back to being average again. All warranted nerfs for the most part but you cant kick the legs out from under a theme without compensation and expect it to do half as well as it had been. Not that I mind really they are still playable and its about time other themes got a chance, Dwarfs were on top for a long time. A little more Construct love and the theme will be one of the most fun to play in the game imo. Barbs are doing fine though I wish the Human/Paladins lost Barbarian they just don't look right in the theme.