Is not fair for UD

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Styrwirld, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

So, i have seen other themes, they all have "boost Treefolk" "Boost Cyclops" "Boost Elf" "Boost Beast", "commander elf", "Commander Paladin"

But for UD, there are no Boost Bok, Boost Deep Elf, Commander Bok, just 1 Bok has battlemaster, and I think 1 minotaur? dunno, im kinda annoyed by this little things.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Hrm, does every faction need to be the same?

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I rather a faction full of super beaters don't have boost

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

The Bok Enforcers battleleader, Undertortoise defender, Prince Malandurs Regal Presence and Bunny Lords boost beast are the only(?) FF boosts due to proximity. Stitched Tyrants improve speed and Rip Demons violent are two split runes.

I probably miss a few abilities, but this type of synergy is not abundant in UD

chickenpox2 likes this.
  5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i don't mind if UD have command demons/spider for the extra health rather than damage
    i aways wanted to ask this i think it time for UD for another look and maybe add a few boost spells
    they need to stop looking at going round making beater and focus on more synergy and abilities

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Eh We are pretty awesome.... i don't need boosts

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's also really not that thematic for UD- the idea of these demons has never been that they worked particularly well together, even when they're the same caste, class, and/or race

that just me?

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Since we're a rushy, and mobile, faction, boost type abilities wouldn't be so useful.

Note how fs doesn't have many either.

9. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

I think ud themes should find their own identity. Not everything needs alot of generic Boost x to succeed. The boost model might just make everything play the same anyway.

10. Burcho

I forgot goblin thievery. This ability is now only available as an upgrade on dirtbag and stickyfingers where competes with pilfer and stall/pillage. In my opinion this was what goblins made fun. I certainly didn't play goblins often, but did once have 4 goblins with massive leap and (unfortunately) amplify frost.

I don't think UD needs more "stay close to x, be stronger", except for a few beasts and more goblin thievery.

11. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

goblins need a rework, alot of potential there

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll take Amp over Boost any day

13. Burcho

I was playing a c/u/r amp fire bg and faced an amp frost bg. Amp frost on my goblins was the end of the match, but I did have fun.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

more vothsairs plz

Authyrtyr, spineyftw and soulmilk like this.
  15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

There needs to be one more beast-synergy champ to run with Bunny Lord.

Bok currently aren't a race; they are all just plain Demons.

badgerale likes this.
  16. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

UD's the odd duck in a lot of ways.

We don't have much stat-boosting synergy, we're not "supposed" to have ranged champs, we're overly focused on beaters + support, and there's a big masochism theme.

I'm fine with no Boost/Commander, but UD feels very Summoner/Door dependent right now. It kind of feels like old-school UD at times, which I appreciate, but it'd be nice if the gameplay wasn't so one-dimensional.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  17. Burcho

do you mean summoner or priestess ? (just to be certain)

18. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

What I mean is the lack of synergy among the runes, I just figgured this because I started to play other factions, the strategic feel is aweful within this faction.

I love UD, I love Boks, Bleed "theme" that is only putting together Bleed users.

But I still feel that something is missing.

The only theme I really like is Imps, they seem like you need to work together and abuse mischief, because 1 mischief user is useless, while 4 or 5 are really good.

19. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Please don't give UD Boost on top of their faction bonus.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

We do have boost. It's called playing UD