Is not fair for UD

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Styrwirld, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Quadruple Motivate. Get Some.

spineyftw likes this.
  2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Boost doesn't seem very UD-like...demons don't seem like they work together (or at least cooperate by working with other champions). If anything, they'd get stronger by killing/sacrificing other champions (i.e., like repurpose, which I always thought was much more of an UD spell than FW, or soul siphon). Or they damage eachother and the enemy at the same time (like maddening echoes). Alternatively, it seems like UD uses its minions as cannon fodder (i.e. like burnout or avenging flame).

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Anyone remember spirit of the night from magic? UD could use a champ like that. Sacrifice a trio of champs that cost around 60 to get a champ worth around 200.

4. Authyrtyr

Something like this?

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

6. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

ain't that a yugioh thing too?

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've never played yugioh.

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

you just do something where you sacrifice three low level cards for 1 super champ

9. Authyrtyr

10. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

lol, why is it specifically a problem in combination with UD's faction bonus?

Apparently it's fine in combination with ST's +10 HP? Or KF's +1 SPD...?

It's not like it would be used on a bunch of summons, either...

11. Authyrtyr

I think that Boost: Spider would be a bit unacceptable but anything else probably wouldn't matter too much. Although, most UD champs have enough damage as it is. The real value would be the increased tankiness.

12. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Yeah, Boost: Arthropod should never exist in UD. I was thinking just Boost: Demon, Boost: Goblin, etc.

13. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

spiderlings for motivate on base 2014

Tarabostes and SPiEkY like this.
  14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I usually feel like if I've got champs clustered in one area then I'm doing it wrong.

Much better to have champs threatening several different points and opening their defense up.

Sealer0, Tarabostes and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Stitched Merged/Magearm?

Also @thread, we don't have Boost, but who needs boost with Surge: Arthropod 2?

16. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

splitting forces up is key for UD it seems, most factions act like they can bulk up and poke us with range. Love sending in a single suicide squad to make them split and then charge in for the kill when their defense is weak. At least that's my way of doing it.

17. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Spirit of the Night was a rare of Mirage, a card set from M:tG back in 1996. YGO (the card game) was launched in 1999.

Pretty much EVERY mechanic found in any card game can be traced back to a couple of cards in M:tG.

18. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

If you put it that way, I can see no argument against it.

I don't think we need the additional damage though. Just like I don't think ST needs to benefit from the HP.

On topic though, I wouldn't mind seeing a Boost: Goblin. I'd love for them to be competitive

19. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

Saying "Dont give UD boost on top of their faction bonus" its like saying "Dont give ST Boost in top of their faction hp bonus" its the ****** same while
    we have to deal with 70hp u will have to dela wiht 20 dmg... -.-

spineyftw likes this.
  20. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Speaking of 20 damage, what happened to Pit Dragon's 21 damage? It was his THING (except when he had Colossal, that was a nightmare).