Is not fair for UD

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Styrwirld, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Or augment creation and +5 nora for balance.

2. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Uhm...if anybody reads this, despite my fanatical bias in favour of UD, I did think that we don't really need "MOAR damage" in the way people has been suggesting.

Don't take me wrong, we could use a little boost. But damage is not it. Specially when everybody and their moms (and their aunts, cousins, sisters, and any other related female in their families) does the "I've got damage, speed, defense, hp, and extra abbilities boost in only 2-3 runes. But it's balanced because you have +4 natural bonus and your font just causes 2 fire damage on entry.".

I think that we just need a little bit more of synergy, and a little boost in the melee department. It's more complicated than just swelling up stats for the sake of mirroring other faction to some degree.

I suggest that instead of MOAR stat buff, we obtain more tactical bonuses. Like receiving mobility, increased DoT, reduced attack costs, and maybe some death and harm benefit. It sounds complicated, but it's better than trying to match spell and abbilities spam. And it's not OP. Just a little push forward.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

A bastion of mobility champ might be interesting.

4. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

Right now all factions can access same damage of UD with surge, boosts and spell buffs. IS which is considered the most tanky faction, can easily obtain 6 def units with 24 damage

5. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

Thats what I mean, UD is not the "Melee Damage" all the factions have the same damage.....while they have endurance and we dont.

6. Sphere8274

Yes, and not only through abilities, some champions(specially news one) have just huge base damage. Ancestral Avenger has 17 default damage and is not so squishy...

7. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

yeah, its almost like UD gets crazy damage without boosters and other factions have to lock into a theme and spend nora on deploying a champ which can be killed to stop the boost.

its almost like UD has a mapwide +5 damage for their melee champs that can't be countered because its their FF

man lets get that up to +8 or +9 so even boost BGs can't come close! seems legit.

8. Sphere8274

there are ablities which increase damage on the single unit. The question is while others factions can fill this lack in some ways, UD has no options to increase his endurance

9. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

my only problem is usually speed.

10. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Spiders have Bastion of Mobility

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Man, it's almost like KF has a global +1 speed that can't be countered because it's their FF bonus, keeping all but the slowest units from ever having to have 5 speed.

But better nerf Irelia, I guess.

Styrwirld likes this.
  12. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

It's almost like ST has a map wide +10 HP. It's almost like SL has a map wide -20% damage barrier. It's almost like KF has a map wide +1 SPD. Give it a rest.

And by the way, it's +4 DMG, not +5. If you're seriously trying to include the Warbanner +1 in that, it just shows the bias at hand.

No idea why you're focusing on the +1-3 DMG of Boost when +6 HP/+1 DEF is the much more powerful half of the effect. Then again, I have never understood the obsession some have with the DMG stat in general. The reason abilities like Ally, Loyalty, Boost, Adaptive, etc. are so powerful is because of the +HP, a stat far more valuable than +DMG.

Your crusade is misplaced.

theKraken likes this.
  13. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

Agreed, Underdepths doesn't need Boost. The passive alone is a reasonable enough replacement, but it just doesn't suit their style.

14. MakarovJAC

I'm just here to remind there exist many more ways to improve playability and strategic superiority by the use of other abbilities which bypasses high defenses, damage inmunity/reductions, engage, blocks, infflict DoT, cause terrain restrictions (lava and web...duh!), status debuff (although I'm not a fan of this, and to be frank, demons can only scare and blind by ashes), or even maybe ignore things such as Majestic.

That should be it...now, if you excuse me, my popcorn is ready, and Tru Blood is about to start.

15. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Web please.

16. Styrwirld

Styrwirld The King of Potatoes

The fact is like someone said the HP factor is far more important, and they have it, and we dont, so they staack +5 warbanner +4 commander elf + 5 commander archer, so, you end facing an elf archer with 15 damage and 65 hp, more hp than the most of the melee frontlines of UD.........and the same damage is STUPID

Yourmom likes this.
  17. MakarovJAC

Guys, did anyone has ever thought that abbilities like Combo, Cleave, Flanking, Counter Attack, and this other abbility which makes 3 attacks at 50% damage each should belong here?

I'm trying to take you away from the idea of stat buffs. If we get stuck in it, we still have to face one issue you guys didn't pay attention to when it got mentioned before. We can have stat buffs. Just enough to match other faction's swollen or base stats. But we still would be weak against whatever else they got to defend themselves. In the end, it would be "UD's bonus + Stat buff" against "Faction Bonus + Stat Buff + Spells". I don't know why, but whenever another faction gets something like Blink, Stunning repercutions, and Push, we get nothing in exchange.

Where I am going to? We have one particular favour which is very straight forward. The problem at hand is that it's no longer a particular feat we withold. Everybody, as the current discussion suggests, got stat buff + their faction spells and other annoying stuff they can spam just to give us the finger in the face. We don't. We are damage, but just that. We don't have a spell which everybody finds annoying, unless we count people who forgets to spread their champs.

Lets not fall into that trap which looks like the easy way, because we can't spam healing, debuffs, and bonuses. And if we started getting a dumb version of everything else, then we would have been better playing the same at these other factions since the beginning.

So, I suggest we start thinking outside the box. Forget about Buff and Spell spam. Hopefully, with Badgerale's help, we could keep that under control.

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

As long as the SL and UD bonuses cancel each other out. Sounds good to me.

SPiEkY likes this.