IS or ST / KF Leoss split?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Gaedel, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Has anyone ever thought about doing an IS or ST / KF split with Leoss? I just noticed Ailurite Brother from the KF faction has Pride of Ailur. Would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Thoughts? Ideas?

2. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

IS because of font bonus, RD, Hraken if needed, detect, disarm, damage buffing, and more and more and more

3. Gaedel

KF can take care of Leoss's lack of ranged units and alternate damage. An IS/KF split rune is the Sarnghavian Centaur. ST/KF rune is Snare Fairy and Elven Ancestor. Since this is a split deck you can use any one of the other IS/KF/ST split heroes as well. Mosharn, Jek, Ash, Spirit of the Mountain, Tremir, etc.
    Centaur Savage has Ally: IS. I'm sure there is more that has Ally: IS or ST.

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

But then, you're making it much less a Leoss deck, and more a split deck that happens to contain some Leoss champions.

Would you want to though?

I mean, I thought both the Leoss heroes were pretty decent - and if you don't use either then you're making it even less of a Leoss deck. o_O

5. Gaedel

True, but that's what I'm working to accomplish with this thread. Leoss with Alurite Brother and champs to help their limitations. If Alurite Brother will never use his Pride of Ailur, it is a wasted ability on him and just serves to up his price. Either make him a split rune with either IS or ST with KF so he can be used in a full Leoss battlegroup without having to split with KF, or remove the ability, maybe make it an upgrade choice to replace Pounce (1). Don't forget he also has Ally: IS and Ally: ST on an upgrade path. That encourages a split. Replace those if you do not want to encourage splits, or, like I said, make him a split or move Pride to upgrade 1 so it can be used with split IS or ST, or not at all.

6. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I've done everything with Leoss. Done all the experimenting possible. My personal favorites are IS/ST and ST/SP. SP just provides so much for Leoss, it's unbelievable. Can you imagine the beast Bluefist/Redfist/Mosharn could become with Zealotry on them? It's ridiculous.

Oh and a sidenote, Hraken totally owns Mosharn in terms of viability IMO, everyone has their opinions though. But ye, if you're going to make a split with Leoss, the best ones are the ones I stated above. Splitting them with UD isn't bad, just not the best.

Here's my Leoss IS/ST bg, if you want, I can upload my ST/SP one aswell. http://gyazo.com/ab868d4656cdd7e2e8a9a5fece370fc0

7. Gaedel

I would love to see your ST/SP one.

8. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

9. Gaedel

The Slag is a good idea. I usually use Ferren Hideout (ST) for relocation. Zealotry is a nice addition to Leoss.

10. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Overmind is in there to replace the Hideout, that's the entire point of it. Zealotry is a beast in Leoss, it's insane. Imagine your bluefist hitting for 35 damage.

11. Gaedel