Is Pox Free to Play yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Jan 28, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ya i agree in terms of balance and ease of entry i don't think pox has ever been this good.

Lushiris, Etherielin, Kampel and 2 others like this.
  2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Are you kidding or that's how people actually consider it now?

From dozens of decks I had, most are completely dead, and lots of still runnable ones are in a poor shape. Even in those which are fine, you have to run way too much boring grunts and 2x includes.
    I forced myself to play for 2 weeks recently - and I faced barely a handful of creative decks, everything else being meta or simplest ff themes.

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

When did you make these bgs that are now 'dead'? What themes are they?

Gimme examples.

4. calisk

well a balanced meta is a completely different thing from what you are complaining about.

old decks becoming obsolete has nothing to do with balance and likely you need to adjust them, it's completely unreasonable to think otherwise.

balance also has nothing to do with fun, a balanced game can be quite boring, I make no comment on that.

Etherielin, 4NIK8 and Tweek516 like this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

So you dont update your bgs and come back after who knows how much time and expect everything to be the same?

And whats that about "having to run boring grunts"? you are the one building the bg, just add what works for you not what people say is "autoinclude"

4NIK8 likes this.
  6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

The meta is in a strange place purely because of the low population. There are a ton of things out there that feel "op" but they are spread throughout every faction and the difference between the top faction and the bottom is probably the lowest it's ever been. So many archetypes are dismissed as bad because nobody has been playing them so it's an easy assumption to make. People were calling spiders bad before the last patch and they have become a top deck on the strength of one buffed spell and dreamcrusher's ouster. Literally nobody has played voil since the patch and everybody assumes they are bad now, but we won't know until they start to get played again.

At the same time, it seems like everybody is hopping on the meta split train so we are seeing the same 6 champs/faction over and over again. There are definitely fewer people playing themes right now but I think they can still stack up pretty well to junk.

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

What it has to do with meta? Balance should apply to all themes and even inner variations. Sure some players dgaf what to play, but lots of others want to play specific stuff, and if they find it weak or unable to even somehow fit a certain playstyle possible for some other deck - they won't find it balanced, and if a theme was more variable before - that means the balance was better from its point of view.

8. calisk

well first off it's quite the claim to say that pox is only balanced if every possible combination of every possible theme should be viable, do you have any concept of how many permeation of bg's you can get, to say the least it's a lot, and I don't think 100 teams the size of the likes that created skyrim could achieve such a feat.

second the fact that just about every theme is viable and coherent in at least one permeation is more than can be said of pox at any point in history, and that should be proof enough for my original point, which to clarify was that pox is more balanced than it ever has been, not that it is in fact balanced, as I stand by the claim that pox cannot ever truly be completely balanced in the way people strive to achieve by nerfing everything that beats them this is the best we can hope for.

Etherielin and davre like this.
  9. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is unfortunately accurate, doesn't seem like many active players are creatively inclined. I always face the same IS, FW, FS, and ST decks

10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

So is it free to play? Yes (ive changed my mind:). It will take hours of grinding skirmish games and as much campaigns as you can.
    It helps to create a few accounts, do the dailies for fast gold and after collected enough gold to buy a 10-pack of runes transfer to your main account. There are cheap decks that auto-win the skirmish games in the forum, its just kinda boring way to do it :)
    Think you can reach 31950 gold needed in about 10-12days per account. There are probably faster ways if you look for tips in the forum or test yourself.
    //Hiero

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

That dek looks p casual to me tbh, if you really want to play in the big leagues u gotta spend the big bucks

Angels:
    - 4 LE (1x Fan Faire, 2x Angel of Restoration, 1x Angel of Protection): 13.33% of Dek
    - 3 Legendaries (1x Angel of Protection, 2x Angel of Mercy); 10% of the BG
    - 5 Exotics (2x Vashal Cavalier, 1x Magnus the Fallen, 1x Grimlic's Mirror, 1x Holy Bladeof Valdac); 16.66% of the BG
    - 3 Rares (1x Grimlic's Bane, 1x Divinity's Touch, 1x Escape Magic); 10.00% of the BG
    - 10 Uncommons (2x Archangel of Al'mara, 1x Honor Coin, 1x Avenging Angel, 2x Wings of Glory, 1x Blessing of Al'Mara, 1x Burning Crusade, 1x Nature's Wrath, 1x Medal of Valor); 33.33% of the BG
    - 5 Commons (1x Shimmering Flower, 1x Aurora Banner, 1x Carrier Squire, 2x Spirit of Endurance) 16.66% of the BG

If I wasn't a filthy poor, this deck would actually be 6LE/2Leg/5Exo/3Rare/9UC/5C. I also have a feeling that some FFIS guys could bust out some really expensive decks as well.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    4NIK8 likes this.
  12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

You should count your LE Angel as a LEG as she's just a reprint. Who plays Angels though? (half-silly half-inquisitive with this one)