Is poxnora compatible with Win10?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PsiQ23, Oct 16, 2015.

1. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey,
    I just today have upgraded my pc's OS to Windows 10, and now poxnora games run at a dead slug speed. Do any of you know anything that might help? Any tips on how to make my game run normally? Or do I have to wait until it's updated?

Thanks

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, well we haven't run into this problem when we tested Pox Nora on Windows 10. It is likely a software compatibility issue. When you upgraded to Win 10 did you uninstall and reinstall Pox Nora completely or are you running the exact same executable that you had installed on your previous OS? The two key things to try is to completely uninstall Pox Nora and make sure you delete the Pox Nora folder in the install directory. Download the newest video drivers for your computer, make sure all your security software is up to date and you have run a scan, then reinstall Pox Nora.

3. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Done that and still doesn't work. does the fact that the art in the back of the loading screens doesn't apear give any clue?

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That background art of the loading screen doesn't show up? That is odd.

It definitely sounds like there is some sort of software conflict on your computer. Although the Java that runs Pox is self contained within the actual Pox Nora install it would be a good idea to make sure your Java installation is up to date in the unlikely event there is a Java/Java conflict. Are you using the version of Pox Nora on Steam or the stand alone download from PoxNora.com? Which ever you are using try the other just to make sure there isn't some odd conflict with that specific install. Also, make sure your audio drivers and networking drivers are up to date. One thing to note is that every time Windows 10 updates itself it will also install the latest drivers it has for your computer. The problem is that it may overwrite that actual manufacturer drivers. It has been known to cause problems on occasion, but it is hard to tell if that is what's happening in this case.

If the problem persists please contact our support because we will need to get your game logs. [email protected]