(IS ranged champ) Rugolth's Jewel.

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Etherielin, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Rugolth's Jewel
    Artwork:
    [​IMG]
    Flavour Text: "To further honour their late king, the engineers of Ironfist have taken to the skies."
    Size: Large
    Nora Cost: 72-80
    Rarity: Exotic/Legendary
    Class: None/Archer
    Race: Construct
    DMG: 10
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 4-6
    HP: 45
    DEF: 1

Abilities: Attack: Gun, Broadside Attack, Fire Blast, Flying.
    Upgrade Line 1: Aim, Farshot 2, Barrage 1.
    Upgrade Line 2: Detection 1, Mobility, Retreat 2.
    Description of Broadside Attack: This champion makes a basic attack against every (including friendly ones) champion in a line. Champions successfully hit become Frightened 2 and Distracted 2. This ability's effects are repeated in a line opposite to the initial one. (AP Cost: 5, is a part of the attack chain, CD: 5, Line's length: 1-6)

This one is a bit overpowered, because I know nothing about IS and just wanted to get the fantasy of a Battleship from BattleForge right. The way Broadside Attack works is that you choose a line similar to magic beam, flamethrower and the likes, but you also shoot stuff "behind you" so to speak. I added the friendly clause to make the ability a bit less insane and essentially force a more careful positioning from the IS player, yet it might not be enough.

@Markoth I'd welcome your feedback on this as I am not an IS player, but I absolutely loved Battleships from that game - they were expensive, massive fortresses full of firepower and I wanted to get that feeling right.
    EDIT HISTORY:
    Fixed Fire Blast's name.
    Adjusted HP and DEF as per Markoth's suggestions.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    Alakhami likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Stats:
    Damage seems a bit low considering it is a cannon but its understandable considering the long range. HP also seems very low when IS has stuff like Silverclan Protector at 48. I would lower the defense by 1 and raise the HP by 5.

Abilities:

Broadside Attack can be pretty devastating but I feel like you will rarely be able to hit more than 2 maybe 3 units at a time and would require you to move into a vulnerable spot for a ranged unit.

I believe you mean Fire Blast instead of Strike.

Upgrades are good. Great variety. Id prob run it with Farshot 2 and Retreat.

Overall:
    It would find a home in construct decks as a 1x slot mainly because Silverclan Protector fits that slot so well.

Etherielin likes this.
  3. Etherielin

Updated as per Markoth's suggestions.

4. Etherielin

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  5. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I would run it in my structs, They need more flying

6. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!