IS/SP Constructs

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by TheBulwark, Mar 4, 2015.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, this is a preliminary bg I made yesterday. I know some people have been playing the IS/SP struct idea. When the new clops came out it was nice to see that he fit into two themes. Anyway I decided to go the structs route because I wanted to try some other new runes but had some of the old pieces leveled. Ive played a few games but not done great because I havent used structs in a while. Anyway here is my current bg, if anyone has any tips or ideas, please let me know Screenshot_2015-03-04-08-10-53.png Screenshot_2015-03-04-08-10-53.png

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. Fernando

Fernando The King of Potatoes

I want to give it a try.

Also i was thinking on the Thunderhead+baneblast,so i would add baneblast and remove a repair for instance.
    Try to use a RR is a nice tanky construcut and he has stun.

As soon as i get my two new LEG i will try to test a similar BG.

3. TheBulwark

The bane blast combo souds nice and golem has paralytic strike. Rr seems really expensive and mostthings are tanky enough I feel like

4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

i run 2x firecase and 2x cyclpean warcraft, you should try atleast 1 of each out I really like em both.

2x bane blast/thunderhead totem for 38 dmg pewpews

5. TheBulwark

Lol, they firecases seem interesting but the kinda seem like big distracton. What do you use them for, and what could I takeout for them?

6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

cheap speedy font harrasers, annihilate is kind of good for stealth, double aura 3 with tinkerer (I use 2 tinkerers cause the summons give me noraz) You run alot more IS champs than SP, i'm the other way round :)

7. TheBulwark

Can you post ur deck so I can check it out?

8. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

9. TheBulwark

Yeah I just dont know if I would feel comfortable with that little range lol. But the blackstones are a little pricey. I could try firecases in their place to see

10. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Will probably end up adding a DMC / silverclan protector or two

11. TheBulwark

Nah those are too pricey for what they offer. I would run gargs if anything. More mobile. And more survivability

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  12. TheBulwark

Updated bg. I dropped blackstones for gliders because I like cheap runes and changed to have the spell combo, altho tbh, have never saved enough nora for it. May drop a totem for something. Also considering a couple shifts to include cyclops warsmith instead of one of the tinkerers for his additional boost. Would also like to include is banner. So maybe silverclan tinkerer and a totem out since overcharged can proc the bane blast. And banner or remote control and clops warsmith in. Let me know how you guys are doing with it cuz im getting pretty good

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Ditch the golems they're so predictable and doesnt hit as hard as their OHKO former self.. go for Silverclan Protector instead which actually OHKO's someone haha.

Scarlet wing is a no no for me coz strux in IS do have access to 1) long range via protector+gargoyle, and 2) magic dmg via lotsa stuff. Ur missing out too much stats boost if u include Scarlet wing.

And warsmith's utility is really bad. Its gonna get buffed later on. I would highly suggest to ditch that too. Not sure on Glider, I just dislike the fact that he moves randomly, I like Gargoyle a bit better as a resist Mag3 unit against Mena or Elven Mage

And mm... Ur kinda missing lotsa stuff.. Cleansing eme.. Diamond mace... Whispers... Imo, Havocs touch and zealotry is good if u have the space, but I'd rather go for WotM and Cleansing Eme.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  14. Cuccalab

Cuccalab The King of Potatoes

Hi, I picked up the GemmaXylia version of this bg and made some changes to match more my playstile, had some very fun games with it and a good win/loss ratio also vs better players than me.
    here's the list I play: https://poxbase.com/deck/ClhClPClZCalCoTCw8Cl6cfgc3Ys5QS5Xs4Bsls6Ms43sPs82r2Yr2MR2Ze1f

Things I have noticed playing:
    1 Alacrity is not very good because you work a lot on the auras and not much on attacks but opponents never expect you to cast that so enables some interesting powerturns, still not completely convinced should be kept in

2 1x RD is a cointoss because the moment you need it may be hidden and then it will not be used until the end of the game, not sure if it's worth to add 1 or should be brought to 0 or even kept as it is

3 The bg has absolutely no response to strong relics

4 The bg is really powerful but it's kinda slowish and needs a good amount of time to set up because almost every piece of the bg does nothing if left alone.

15. TheBulwark

Im running all those but those long ranges are too much nora

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

tink x2 as well in that bg

17. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

18. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

Does death nova go off when you sac? It doesnt require a destroy affect?

Mark of redemption looks neat. Ill have to try that.

I will say that BG sassquatch looks super expensive. Ive tried silverclan stuff before, and it just doesnt impress me. Ive been using 2x Moga Cannons for range. Ive also been rocking Metallic slags in different configurations. There are so many possibilities with those things.....

19. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

might put in magnus as well, for the electricity/paralyzed funsies

20. TheBulwark

Dude for ranged the gliders are a cheap solid option