Is Spirit/Angel Singer broken?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SaintKiwi, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Nora Shield is ridiculous and IS being OP changes ANYTHING!

2. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Yeah good thing it has such a short duration so I can ignore it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This ability needs to die.

JellyBerry, Pattn199, Anima26 and 4 others like this.
  3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Spirit singer isn't. Nora shield is though.

On kthun it was pure Nora for a summon half the time, and the other time it was a champion constricting your ranges units.

Catch 22 abilities are ignorant in strategy games.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What? Nora Shield may be overpowered or whatever (and there is a reason why Rank 2 is so rare and hasn't been actively placed on a champion by me... ever).

But strategy games are interesting BECAUSE you are always dealing with trade-offs. Of course your opponent wants to make decisions difficult for you. Even just deciding whether to use your AP to attack or stay out of range is a type of "catch 22" situation.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Notice how i said maybe they should think about reducing the the amount of turns on nora shield.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But transport so bad cuz its passive bro

7. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Nora shield is definitely a strong ability...but it is expensive and only on a couple mostly bad champs. The only version that people actually care about is vashal because its their theme ability. Its also only 1 use and lasts only 1 turn, and vashal all have mediocre base hitpoints until you invest another 120 nora into boost and Fan Faire.

The ability does not even stop you from executing whatever your strategy was.

8. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Stop

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. kagebunshn

It might be close to as good as a split personality spell that lasts 10 turns and affects all your opponents ranged creatures basic attacks and targeted active skills. But they'd never make a spell like that...oh...right. IS has that.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Are you talking about RD?

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

extremely irrelevant post. and also incorrect information, RD protects one champ from range doesnt stop all range and lasts 6 turns. check your facts please

12. kagebunshn

Yeah, so it does affect all ranged, even newly summoned ones with ranged attacks, as long as they are targeting the creature u cast the spell on.

My point is that it is a hard counter against a ton of runes ran in most every BG...whereas the nora barrier lets you do whatever you want to them and all they get is a nora refund.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"All they get is a nora refund"

You're rare league, right?

JellyBerry and Pattn199 like this.
  14. kagebunshn

I'm not any league because I don't play versus mode. Irrelevant to the discussion, unless your goal was to win the argument through character assassination. If you don't like my opinion then disagree and explain why.

Killing someones champ, caping a font and them gaining 50 nora is much less advantageous than RD which stands a good chance of making a creature flat out immune to your opponents attacks for several turns.

15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

If you don't play "versus," then why are you trying to act like you understand the competitive value of runes? I think it's obvious to most of us you aren't above bringing in irrelevant information seeing as you keep hanging onto this RD comparison that makes no sense.

IMAGIRL, BurnPyro and JellyBerry like this.
  16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Using your logic, if I use RD my opponent can still use melee champs to kill my RD champ thus making me waste my nora. But if I attack my opponent's nora shield champ and destroy it, he's gaining nora so he's winning.

JellyBerry likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You seem like a smart guy, but your understanding of the competitive game just isnt up to par. Makes discussing this quite a waste of time.

Nora is love, nora is life. Nora is everything in this game

JellyBerry likes this.
  18. kagebunshn

How much nora do you think 1 use of nora shield gains a player on average?

We can assume that most people are not stupid and will try to 1-shot the champ or ignore it.

Do you agree or disagree that it is usually put on a champ that then steps in to contest a font?

15 nora cost, essentially a 1 shot ability(cd8). 3 ap and a range of 3. It's good, but far from OP. Certainly not OP on spirit singer of all things.

Want to discuss the points or keep QQ about my ranked credentials? If you think i dont understand how it works then it should be easy for you to explain why my assumptions are wrong.

19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

1 shotting a champ with nora shield will still give you a large amount of nora (Around 50 if the champs on full hp), and ignoring it means you go without a font for 6 rounds (which equates to you being down 72 nora).

So basically it's a 15 nora ability that can pay itself off 3 times over with simply one good usage, i'm not even going to mention that you can use it multiple times because it's relatively rare that it will happen, but still a 3:1 ratio on average is a pretty good going.

IMAGIRL and themacca like this.
  20. kagebunshn

3:1 is an awesome ratio...but it is up to your opponent to decide, which makes it way more swingy. If your opponent just turns around and Blinks the dude and steps in his space they probably just won the game.

if you invested the effort to kill the cbamp and give your opponent 50 nora, You are probably capping a font and swinging the nora differential that much closer to parity.

The upswing is if you didnt kill their guy they can probably hit u with 2xae spells. Of course against IS....yeah.