Is there any way to force a split?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Feb 14, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is there anyway to force one of your units to split? In most games people will just ignore split units due to there low damage or can easily take your unit out due to the low hp after the split. I was thinking of some possibilities with daggerpeed if I can force it to split and let it sit back a few turns to take advantage of regenerate.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

In theory you could split with ST for Yeti Painters and use Psychic Compulsion on enemies to force them to only be able to attack a Split Champ. You could also split with FS for Goading Mask.

19madfox95 likes this.
  3. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I was hoping I could find a way to split without having to become engaged. I guess if I use those on ranged champs to force the split but I was hoping to go all SL

4. Somnolence

Somnolence The King of Potatoes

People avoiding split units is one of the best thing about them. You can just keep poking with it unit they finally decide to deal with it, which by then you would've gotten even more value out of the split unit

Kampel likes this.
  5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

If their was a way I suspect it would of already been nerfed and rectified

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

You can cast RD or equip bracers on opposing champ and hit it.

7. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Riposite and Arrow Throw are not basic attacks so Bracers doesn't work but RD should provided the Split unit has 2+ max range somehow.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

granting assault with slum market used to work, but that (among other things) requires engaging

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  9. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

How about you make a splitting deck with loads of healing?

10. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

mucker factory: (splitting muckers without engagement tactic bg) - FS/SL
    deploy slum market, deploy a champion with metamorphosis (SL - draksar morph, FS - firk mindcaller with inititive and tome of the arcanis), deploy mucker or 2 muckers (domain water, any immunity), deploy flood generator for mobility for all muckers (later serves as fighting ground for them), deploy infestor.
    1. train opp. assault to infestor 2. carefully surround him with muckers, water and relics and distract or position so he doesnt drop in some font (dont kill him tho with mindcaller)
    3. change him into a snail and run muckers around. (he gets for example UD bonus and can deploy relics on him own, also think he got spell pressence and muckers are really low hp at your opponents turn after you do this, so cast antimagic field as he doesn't have tainted statue when morphed) 4. ??? 5. ???
    There are tons of things that screw up the plan, like calculating nora and taking into account opponent's spells (like grimlic's bane for example or anathema)
    hope I helped.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  11. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Don't need to force split when you have the el classico:

Step 1: mucker exists on the board
    Step 2: backfire boon
    Optional: add soulsphere
    Optional: add noraweave on top of soulsphere.

Gets em every time.

Elves Rule likes this.