Is trading dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Jan 20, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

It seems like very few people want to trade. Granted the community is small. This makes it fairly difficult to get certain cards. I have an abundance of base set exotics to the point where I just sacrifice them in hopes of eventually forging a certain exotic or legendary.

For those cards that you want 2 of in a deck, this can get pretty time consuming. Is trading completely dead?

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Part of the problem here is that the community is small and OLD. Most active players have been playing for years, so core set runes, which are easy to get, have very little value for them. You'll only really be able to trade them to other new players (which are rare) or shard them like you said.

There is some trading going on, but it's mostly for hard-to-get runes like the newest expansion exotics or legendary/limited runes.

Side note: on Poxbox you can get the new expansion non-exotic runes extremely cheaply. Players who bought expansion boxes can't shard their extras, so the poxbox market is flooded with them, driving the value down massively. It's at the point where expansion rares are the same value as core set rares.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's totally dead, but there's only really a trading scene these days after expansions and midterms.

There's a handful of other guys that still like to trade, but the only runes that hold any level of consistent value are the Limited runes, so there's not much activity.

4. edmek55555

Makes sense but I even had trouble getting rid of my salaam which I hear is one of the more sought after cards atm.

Either way, I guess sharing is my best bet right now. Having to get 1000 shards to get my imp vixens is gonna take forever and that's just the beggining

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I know you are concerned about using poxbox, but that is how most people are getting the runes they want.

6. edmek55555

Yeah. I may just have to cave and use it. If poxnora aloud for authenticator that would really make things easier. But I guess tonight ill try poxbox and see if I can pick up some cards Im looking for.

There are so many different decks I want to try but they require so many cards!

7. moodudu

moodudu Member

Salaam is indeed a more sought after rune, but there's a deck limit of 1 of him, so the trade market is half of what a deck limit 2 exotic would be. Once you have one, you don't have to worry about trading to get a second.

8. edmek55555

Just checked out poxbox and man are those values painfully low. To get any decent exotics I would have to trade my current expansion exotic which is currently the highest value ud exotic out

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Don't look at what you can get by trading in the free stuff you get from playing. Look at what you can forge and trade in for top value of that rarity. For example, Imp Vixen costs you 500 shards to get from the forge. For those same 500 shards, you can forge Naria Queen, trade it in for 229600 points, take out Imp Vixen for 196980, and have 32620 points left over, which can get you commons, uncommons, or many rares. Looking at commons, you can forge a Draksar Persuer for 8 shards. You can trade it in for 4158 points. Core set commons cost as low as 662, and are worth 2 shards when you sacrifice them. For 2648 points, you can get 4 core set commons out, sacrifice them, forge a Draksar Persuer, and trade it in for a net of 1510 points.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If you have any sense you will listen to what darklord48 says.

How to trade like DiCEM0nEY:

I personally use the trader, and recently put up some runes if you are looking for something. I have gotten several runes I needed, 1 for 1 value. I never traded 2:1 etc, and I got a bonewing by trading in my centaur commander, a deal which I liked. It just takes time, but players will trade exos and legendaries fairly easy. I shard most of my rares though, unless they are PD, in which case I trade them for things like core set exos.

FW is one of the hardest factions to get runes for, there are a TON of FW players.

11. edmek55555

I have used some poxbox yesterday. Got an imp vixen, a couple demonvein vampires, a greater pitspawn, a few voils, and some uncommons and rares I have been looking for.

It is good for when you get exotics and legendaries from skirmishes. I still feel like if the community was bigger I could get some better deals for my current expac stuff but fact of the matter is that it isn't. So that is what it is i guess