IS/UD Ranger/Beast Synergy BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Cinder405, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/clYcqtc6Mc10Ca0C4cihCzMCzYCgas6Wsls4Gs6Ms6Fs3os4-sOs4ls8@rHE1+E2g

This is a BG that I have been playing with lately. I have been surprisingly decent with it. What inspired me to create this kind of BG is Grundelwulf Alpha. One day I was owning with him, saw that he was a Beast/Ranger and it just clicked.

The Champions

Amber Wing: I chose to run this rune because he is race Beast, Shatter, and magic damage. He tanks pretty well with Bold and isn't that expensive at all.

Bok Warden: Shes a ranger, detection, great damage output, flying and inexpensive

Firestarter: I'm not too sure about this pick/ I literally took out my second Bok Warden for this to see if this was a good option or not. It looks like with his kit he can do great 1v1 and contesting a font. Also he relatively cheap. I may end up taking him back out after some testing.

Griffin Rider: Ranger/Beast, great range, great damage, Commander for my beasts and raners

Grundelwulf Alpha x 2: This is the main tank of the BG. I run him with regeneration 3 and Deep Wounds. Equip Molten Cloak on this guy and he will tank hard. Because of Life Siphon and Regeneration 3 most of the damage that is dealt to him is easily mitigated.

Houndmaster x 2: Hes a ranger and summons Hounds that are race Beast. Boost Beast on him gives the hound more hp of course. I choose to run with Throw Axe for range attacks and extra damage because of the defense debuff.

Hraken the Bloodbow: Hes a ranger/ Great damage output/ Perfect Cloak of Long Knives target/ synergizes well with the Alphas and the Pups because of Deep Wounds

Nefari Beastcaller x2: Great support/ shes a ranger/ and provides HP to beasts/ Grundle Pups synergize with other deep wounds champions

Onyx Wing x 2: Great range Unit/ Beast/ Great target for Soulfeed spell incase it gets engaged/ Comraderie helps bring Beasts out at a cheaper nora cost

Scarlet Wing: Beast/Magic Damage/ Good Range unit in general

Let me know if you have any questions

Cinder405

MadSatyr likes this.
  2. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

Looks solid, but have you considered splitting with sp for magnify beast and maybe the beast titan? Also no bunny lord?

3. Cinder405

I have definately considered doing that but I haven't really checked if SP has any rangers. I will check it out soon. Bunnylord is great champ but its expensive to play and often times it's more of a tempo hit because good players know to stay back enough to prevent swarms. Perhaps if I ran more AP gen spells I could consider adding the bunny.

Edit: After looking at what Ranger champs and beast champs SP has to offer, I really don't think it would be a good idea to split. It's sad, imagine my Alpha walking around with like 100hp.

The only way I have split with SP is FS/SP Beast BG. It involves running Boghopper Houndmaster and Huntmaster Charms/Magnifying Beasts to create super hippos. But that BG is harder to get rolling than the one above. Also investing nora in a summoned champ is risky.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I like it

Cinder405 likes this.
  5. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Don't split beasts with SP. It's absolute trash. Magnify beast isn't as solid as it looks. I've messed around with all the beast decks lately and I've come to par with KF/SL. You heard right. KF/SL.

Cinder405 likes this.
  6. Cinder405

Well I'll be making adjustment to this BG soon because of the expansion changes. There are now some better options that I have to obtain. I'll update ASAP.

In regards to the KF/SL what time type of synergies other than Of course race beast is there in your BG? Serpents? Sand? Tanks? I'm just guessing obviously.

7. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Not really any sand apart from Sand hunters. Serpents are a yes, but the most important part of it is Rage band and Guardian of Eretat and Guardian's Treasure. Plus, I like running Jek, so, yea. Jek's always been my favourite champion.

Cinder405 likes this.
  8. Cinder405

I like jek too. I honestly don't see why they don't make more ospyrans

9. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I run that too!

10. EnigmaXIII

Can someone explain to me what exactly is ranger synergy? I mean, other than cloak of long knives, they just have normal race/class synergy.
    Commander, boost, camaraderie, etc etc.
    But what other synergy is there

11. Cinder405

Nothing besides what you said there. If you split with ST you have access to Dariu's Favor (I forgot the details on this equipment)

There really isn't too much unique synergy except boost, Surge, commander, cloak of long knives, Dariu's Favor, and hidden vegetation

12. EnigmaXIII

I really think that should change. There are lots of rangers, and some small synergies exist, they just need a little push to become an all out theme. Same goes for rogues and shamans. But rangers most of all.