Is void shield too good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Apr 16, 2016.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

With the increase of champions who can get this ability, along with an equip that can provide it too.. I've noticed a tonne of void shield appearing in my games.

I have a gut feeling (may be wrong) that the resistances granted by void shield used to have a duration? Why did they make the resistances permanent?

I'm not sure if it's just because the decks I am currently swapping between tend to not have much variety in damage sources or if it's a problem everyone is facing..

Is void shield too good?

I'd defiitely prefer it if the resistances lasted X amount of turns so you could atleast get a chance to do proper damage again?

It's splashed around alot in monks which have access to alot of healing/regen if they want it through faction efficient units, I find it much harder to deal with than some abilities. What about you guys?

(I didn't just lose to a void shield/monk deck or something, just an observation)

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

maybe in sl or is, mediocre or sucks in every other faction.

Morfeas, noamkeren and Goyo like this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Like the Goblin said, it isn't as good as it makes you believe, unless the unit manages to recover it's hp easily (IS) or has other defensive abilities (SL).

I'm glad they reduced it's cost because it was sandbagging a lot of champions. I would not give it to SL, IS or KF champions for the above reasons.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I can't ever think of a time void shield had a duration. Originaly it was only on that Bok however which a low HP UD unit. Void shields not gonna shine on over time it got spread out onto a few firk then that farcrags thing then onto guardian, and a bunch of other champs. I don't think it has the ability to be particularly strong without support so i'd say it's alright at this current point in time.

Tweek516 and Goyo like this.
  5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I think void spider was the first unit to actually have it?

FS also has access to a lot of healing and so does ST with curate/phoenix. I think the equip giving void shield and sonic burst might be what I find out of line then, the chilling scales become really nasty with that item equipped

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I do agree that an equip that gives void shield is a bit much.

7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's a theme oriented equipment folks. You must judge it's price, usability, and limitations all in one. Asumptions leads to unnecesary nerfs.

Which unit on which condition makes this equipment too powerful? How much nora in profit?

Ohmin and Kampel like this.
  8. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The Chilling Scale is by far one of the most powerful champs released in this expansion anyway! It may not be a problem with the equipment but the Chilling Scale itself. Maybe Chilling Scale needs unequippable because at the end of the day catalyst frost and void shield is gonna dish out the hurt.

9. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

giving him unequippable is the stupidest suggestion possible. That's such a random nerf. "that rune is good with that equipment, nerf by giving unequippable". Knock 1 speed off him and a few nora, and I think he'd be fine

10. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Wait. What? Chilling scale is the best champion in the set? By what metric.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Void shield just got nerfed, let's not blanket nerf every champ with void shield and look at the equip first.

Burcho likes this.
  12. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I don't always agree with you, but I would support this.

13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Not the best of the set but I would say top 5 champs more leaning towards top 3... Lets face it, it was a power creeped release!

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

what was the recent nerf to void shield?

15. super71

u have to be hit for 4 damage before it procs instead of any damage

16. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

*ninja'd

you need more damage to proc it (4, before that there was no minimum so dots were giving 3 ranks of resistance)

after that the ability also received a buff: it got one nora cheaper

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He's definitely one of the best champs in the set.

FS still has good healing and ST has one of the best healing sets.

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I believe it's a matter of how spread it is rather than having single good sources of it. Like you won't run Curate on a monk bg just for the healing source.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you need healing you will. I run Crystal Phoenix in every single ST BG. If you're not fitting in Phoenix/Curate you're playing ST wrong.

Just because Medic and PoV are dwarves doesn't mean you don't run them in a Barb BG.

Alakhami and super71 like this.
  20. super71

What knocking one speed off him and making him cheaper is the stupidest suggestion possible, let's make the champ that almost has equal health/nora ratio cheaper.

Chilling scale is good is he op ,hmm maybe but it is sok's faction so what did you all expect ? Notice the last couple expansions and the st runes. Not a single st champ I wouldn't run from this expansion in a split or full faction.