It is almost 2015 and AA still doesn't have pariah

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Sep 5, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

#18sources

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

#allyouneedtodevisheart

3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Cough cough then maybe its time for A MANUAL MOTHERFUKCING ADJUSTEMENT

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nerf Claybro

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Agreed, just give him +25 nora in the meantime and then revert it when the abilities get fixed

6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

give haunting spirit the yeti ghost treatment or it's clear racism.

7. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Not to harp on it too much, but if Ghost were just removed from the game and all Ghost champs got Ethereal instead (with the exception of AA, think Phase Shift is better for him) I don't see how they would be impacted that negatively. There might be some adjustments needed, like with SotM, since he's basically built around Ghost specifically. But at this point, I think the removal of/proposed changes to Ghost has pretty much gotten a hard "no" from Gedden based on what I heard in the last Q & A, though the reasoning behind it is perplexing. So I think he's aware of the concerns with the ability, and with AA - he and Moles had a 10-minute discussion about it in that livestream.

Still think that when the Steam launch happens and new players encounter their first AA, it'll be enough to drive them away from the game. But I feel like I'm beating a dead horse again.

Sealer0, theKraken and Baskitkase like this.
  8. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

...does anything else?
    You know, besides shoeboxed runes that should get buffed anyway?

9. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

This. Sht! How many times will this point have to be made.

10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

since when can I not use a champ with ethreal for a galeforce sandwich?

11. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

To be honest I was deploying this guy and winning when he was 118 just after the revamp.

But pretty sure DMR has covered that he's just not at the right Nora cost

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

He needs to be a tempo hit, not like Zeven, but like dropping UT half way through the game, it may work out, or be wasted Nora. Not the **** face unit he is.

13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Wait so minus about 10 damage with loyalty and ur dmg decrease minus loyalty costs him 1 def and another 5 hp and u want him to lose 1-2 spd ? He's a titan he is ment to be a tank and have high damage i could maybe see him keeping loyalty losing 4 damage and 10 hp and him being fine where he is at.

14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If pre revamp AA was the same with higher cost, that makes current AA much better than pre revamp, because of general lower power level of runes.

Jus saying.

theKraken likes this.
  15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Change ghost to phase shift/ethereal or people will quit. Ghost on AA rushing a shrine creates a no win situation combined with time slip/protection and KF +1 speed bonus. What about warding? It makes it even worse when there are very few factions with hard counters or enough magic damage to deal with AA at his current price with loyalty, stats, and ghost. I weep for the future when new players have to face abusing ******** that run this thing. People are able to run two titans as well. Gedden is willing to sacrifice numerous players who do not want to play against horrible abilities like ghost which should be removed from the game? Why do you keep abilities like ghost?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    theKraken and Sealer0 like this.
  16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

To balance FW into being somewhat playable.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Fw has two champs with Ghost and one doesn't even see play.

18. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

AA plus ghost would probably be balanced at its old cost, but that doesn't mean it should be.

If the design of a rune is intrinsically unfun it will push new players away from the game. Ghost bear no matter the cost will leave new players going wtf. Many wont take the time to find a counter. Or understand a tempohit (early bgs will be inefficient and have fewer counters)

Short version, were about to go live on steam. How would you feel if this was in your first 10 games? I've been playing since 07 and I'd rather surrender half the games I see AA in the first few turns. Its just that unfun.