Italy, stuff going on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I heard a few days back that Italy had a massive power outage that effected most of the country, and now I'm hearing vague reports about issues in the government today? If anyone has good information and/or news sources that might have information on Italy, I'd appreciate it if you could share.

Thanks in advance.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the dutch goverment also fell because of systemic racism in the taxation 7 years ago but we have elections soon so we're prolly not forming a new one just using the demissionair one till then.

Ohmin likes this.
  4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Isn't Italy's unemployment rate one of the highest in the world or is it still Greece?

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no, sounds like someone is feeding you fake data.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Itally isn't even close, it's not the lowest but it's no where near the highest. Greece has high unemployment but still well below the 20+% that many nations/territories have (over 30% in some cases). Of course, this is based on "official" reports (especially the World Bank for smaller nations), so if you don't trust them it becomes much more difficult to say with certainty.

EDIT: Speaking of the Netherlands, it would seem that some people do not appreciate testing centers there...

Also, I'm still looking for more information on Italy if any of you European folks find any to share/discuss.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yeah the one near the inbred jesus-freaks burned down I know. big shock there

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So... Romania is outperforming the rest of the EU economically I hear (in Q4 2020)? How hard are you guys kicking yourself in the balls? (Not that the US, especially under Biden's "no natural gas for us (and "let Texas Freeze"?), yay natural gas in foreign nations" platform isn't kicking itself in the balls as well.)

My sympathies.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so? they have a faster growig GDP than expected. EU contributions is a % of GDP, and they are somewhat behind many other contries. might be because covid maybe not. why would this concern us in other EU countries?

in regards to what? personally I think the Dutch goverment is being pretty shortsighted in how they are managing the pandemic but we do have electios in march and technically the cabinet has resigned/fallen over the mishandling of taxation especially in regards to racism in the child daycare rebates so probably that is a factor.

In regards to cold weather we sorta have houses and infrastructure built to handle a bit of cold here. from my understanding the main problem in Texas was the fact that rather than have alternatives to gas in closed spaces ( to prevent them freezing up) you built them without protection for ease of acces and easy ventilation. so that seems more like a texas lazy problem than a natural gas problem. so no complaints here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021