It's taken me 15 years, but I finally found my favorite candy again.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Aug 22, 2021.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't have a 'sweet tooth'. I can only handle so much sweetness before it overwhelms me. As such I tend to dislike most candy. However, there was a candy when I was growing up when my Grandmother would take me to the nursing home every weekend where she would chat with friends and I would roam about.

The last time I had the candy must have been around 2005 or 2006. I've been trying for years to find it again. As it stands, I have!

Introducing Claeys Lemon Sanded Candy!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XICO5Y

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finding a Lemon candy that didn't attack you for simply wanting something lemon flavored is hard. I've been through so many looking for these. They are so calming, probably due to the nostalgia of them all, but I digress. It has such a gentle lemon flavor that you could suck on these for hours. I highly recommend.

On an unrelated note, I don't have a bitter or spicy urge either. Flavors are simply too strong for me a lot of the times. Though I do have a savory taste.

Edit: After reading some of the reviews for the link above it would seem that they have a less than reliable delivery reputation. (I may have gotten lucky...) If anyone is interested the new link may be a better alternative.

https://www.amazon.com/Claeys-Fashi...F8&keywords=Hard+Candy&s=grocery&sr=1-26&th=1

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Ohmin and GabrielQ like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I gotta say congrats. Finding after searching for so long and having the product live up to the nostalgia must be very fulfilling.

Ohmin and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Oh it is very much so. I smile every time I think about them, which is a lot since I've been sucking on them for a while now.

If I had to describe the feeling, I'd put it as a combination of Smug and Catharsis.

4. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

This does not look good lol

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Neither do you lolgottem

6. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Surprisingly short ingredient list

7. L33Ch

L33Ch I need me some PIE!

Looks like it contains several GMO products, but since ball shrinkage may not be an issue, suck away...:p

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

If I could bring something back it would be Arnott's jam tarts I really miss those