Jakei climber

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Dec 29, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

As requested a suggestion for Jakei climber.

Jakei climber

Stats
    Damage 10
    Speed 6
    Def 1
    Range 1
    Hp 54

Abilities
    Master climber- this unit has mountaineer. Every time this unit moves through impassable terrain, or changes elevation it gains 1 damage and 1 Def for 3 turns. If this unit starts it's turn in impassable terrain it gains pounce and precision.

Pathfinder
    Attack-physical
    Arctic
    Strike

Upgrade 1
    Hidden rock
    Chasm walker
    Render

Upgrade 2
    Detection 3
    Shred defense
    Hit and run

I decided to focus on why she climbs and why her original design had strike.

Corpse said it was because of her massive sharp claws that you can see in the sprite. So I gave her 3 Def shredding abilities.

Next was the redesign of master climber to add impassable terrain which is far more common then elevation changes. I extended the buff so that it would still be in effect for the pounce turn and added the effect to easily attack out of the cliffes if you lay her there in wait.

Pathfinder was to add some Jakei synergy but also fit her flavour as a master climber.

The remaining upgrades of hit and run, and detection were to fit her ranger class and to help her run back to the cliffes.

Chasm walker seemed to fit a climber and hidden rock is a carry over that fit her original flavour

I wanted to keep gift of scrying on her but it just makes no sense to me why she'd have it, it's more of a shaman ability

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    aseryen, Slencer, Goyo and 5 others like this.
  2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

all of it is awesome! What is pathfinder?

3. calisk

Grants all units with the same race or class mountaineer

4. Braxzee

That makes sense Jakei would need and would have that being in a frozen mountain area

5. calisk

Usefulness wise the only map in rotation that it would be of use is the KF 5 font map where it would be of great benefit.

All said and done it's mostly a fluff ability

To my knowledge every map in rotation has some impassable terrain for her to use as well, though obviously some are better then others

6. Braxzee

SHe should grant chasm walker to all friendly champs with in 8 :)

7. calisk

Well I was already redesigning master climber which would take some coding.

As a general rule of thumb if you want to have any hope of something getting done you want as little coding as possible so you use existing abilities whenever possible

That said granting chasm walker would be neat

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  8. Braxzee

There is a champ in sp that grants chasm walker i beleive

9. calisk

Oh? If so I'd like to see it might be a better fit

10. Braxzee

Ahh it is earth elemental.(Walk over chasm)..he does not grant it...he does trail rock! so it could create a bridge so she could trail ice or just equip her.

11. calisk

I'd suggest equipping her if you want that interaction rather then building it onto her, even a orb mechanic could do it

12. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I think every faction could use a little bit of love with some new Chasm abilities. Are Chasms impassible terrain?

It'd be really cool to work on the different elevations within Pox. Flying, Grounded, Chasm walkers makes for 3 different elevations and other than Aerial Supremacy or Hunter: Flying there is nothing for the theme of Chasm Walkers. Create Chasm is potentially a problematic ability so maybe quicksand or other types of sinking ground that can be terraformed to cause dmg to Grounded units but not outright kill them. These could also become impassible terrain so that no units can be cliffed into sinking terrain. KB and slam makes sense though since those are relocation effects.

Stealth and Chasm Walkers are kind of opposites while Grounded and Flying units are definitely opposites so I think something can be done here.