Jangar Arcanist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lupefi2, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Stupidly efficent for 66 nora.... thoughts?

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Nerf it into the Firking shoebox along with terraformer. Batshit efficient champs with no basic attack for dirt cheap. Simply poxnora bullshit at its best.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

profhulk you need to write books or something you are good with words.

super71 and TheBulwark like this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's 69N with both upgrades lvl3.

I would go with removing Vulnerability: Poison (+3N) and reducing HP a bit.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I don't know every faction has a way to distract nowadays so him and terraformer don't really give me any problems. Plus i always make sure i have some kind of pull or something in my bgs so i usually pull them close and nuke em.

6. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

If you can look at a rune and ask yourself "would I run this in goddamn everything?" and answer with "yes", then that rune probably needs to get changed. Stuff like implady, arcanis, terraformer, lifegiver etc... all fall into this category.

Admittedly with arcanis at least it actually has ability downtime, so he does have a drawback in some way to justify his lower cost. That said, the whole getting to 18 damage super easily thing is kinda crazy on a rune that cheap (esp with access to AoE) . I hate looking at runes that get a discount for largely irrelevant drawbacks. Merciful being a -3 nora ability, for example. Unless it's on a rune that's designed to be a 1v1 sidefont beast that ability is probably never going to come into play unless you just forget that it exists.

Anima26 and Lupefi2 like this.
  7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Nerf fading recollection.

Nerf shimmering flower.

Nerf spot removal spells.

This Kitty, while one of the most powerful, is the easiest to kill.

And plus it doesn't even have double bombs like it used to have...

Also is/can be useless for one round doing nothing but acting as spell presence.

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

*misses soe arcanis.
    2x aura

Pattn199 likes this.
  9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Eh, I'm alright with him. Can't spam every turn, hard countered by Distract or Confuse.

10. Lupefi2

Yeah he has hard counterplay, but for his damage potential 69 nora seems absurd.

Anima26 likes this.
  11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Just because he has an easy counter in Distract does not mean the rune is not fundamentally OP. 69 nora is absurd, i agree. Needs a nora cost increase.

Netherzen likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He's a ~5 range unit that doesn't pay for his RNG stat.

Lupefi2 and Netherzen like this.
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you want to get technical he pays 20 nora for the two abilities.

mw24 and Goyo like this.
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Which is a great deal less than the price of 1~7 range.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

frost cone and flamestrike is not equivalent to 1-7 range. They have 3 turn cd's and cost 4 ap.

I am not sure how I feel about this champ, I have never had an issue with it.(just people abusing obelisk before it was nerfed) Leoss still need more buffs in certain areas, nerfing this rune would probably just shoebox it and hurt leoss alot.

Pattn199 likes this.
  16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

1-7 range can be used every turn and sometimes multiple times in a turn.

doubtofbuddha and Goyo like this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There is indeed a technical difference between Jangar Arcanist and a unit with 1-7 range. Factoring in the nora cost involved, that difference heavily favors the Arcanist.

Anima26 and Ballballer like this.
  18. Lupefi2

but regardless, he is extremely efficient for his cost.

Anima26 likes this.
  19. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Terraformer is more OP tho. Dat 24 dmg + lumbering every 2 rounds (tremor into terrformed lava) along with 2 aoes, one of which deploys more lava. x.x

I hope they are nerfed properly and not shoeboxed into the ground like usual :rolleyes:.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

You shouldn't speak about someones ability to string words together, you're quite terrible at it.